𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩

"just who was that he in kanae's conversation, the person seems dangerous ..."

"right, i think it's best not to question kanae-san, it sounds personal." tenn creased his eyebrows slightly.

gaku had noticed the change of face, "something wrong, brat?"

"why did i feel like the person on the other line sounds so familiar? i can't put my finger on it, my instincts are never wrong ..." the two males went silent.

"now that you mention it, you're right! i've heard it from somewhere ..."

...

gaku and tenn seeked for another answer from their oldest friend, yet they see a panicked brunette shocked to the core. his eyes were filled with confusion and hesitation, the first time in a while that they've seen ryuu in a frenzy.

"oi ryuu, what's gotten you like this?" the son of yaotome.prod lightly patted the stone-cold man.

"a-ah! uhm ..." ryuu looked up from the sudden shock that crawled up his spine, "i ... i think i know who kanae was speaking to?"

"HAH?!" the other boys cocked their head in unison, "what?!? then who is it, how could you pick that out so easily?"

ryuu slowly moved his gaze directly towards tenn's, "... it'll be hard to take in, i hope you know this."

"..." tenn raised his brow from his previous expression, "why are you looking at me?"

"the thing is-"

- KANAE

his phone flashed with a notification from rabbitchat, along the lines of, "you did well, ae-chan <3 i hope at least tsunashi-san noticed my voice, i'm a total coward haha ... sorry for putting this onto you."

"ugh ... ri-chan, why do you have to go so far for tenn?" kanae bit his bottom lip in pain, "he may be your brother but ..."

his head sunk onto the counter, looking tiwards the ticking oven. the donuts yook their time to rise, just like how the danger is increasing behind his closest friend.

platinum and ruby strands cascaded kanae's face, blocking part his vision, "i wish i could do more for you."

shifting the bands of hair that was left out of the ponytail, the young teen messaged back. he made sure that it was written with utmost sincerity, this person meant the world to them.

"i live and breathe for your existence ꎭ!ꌚꀘ#ꀤ?, you gave me meaning in life. i should be thanking you for everything, that is why i will do anything for you ri-chan."

- ꎭ!ꌚꀘ#ꀤ?

it's been cold recently, huh?

bad for my health, as always.

holding the phone above himself (his head resting on the bench's backboard), he scanned the message that came from kanae.

a sighing laughter huffed out of his chest, it was rather cute. though, it was also too serious for his liking.

the unknown person looked upwards, admiring the grouped clouds floating in the endless sky. it was something this person couldn't do much, since it reminds him of the fleeting past when he was thirteen.

' h-hey... hey tenn-nii... please don't go, i beg you.'

'...'

' tenn-nii? what about the promise that we made years ago?!?! ' the child clung onto his brother's hand tightly.

' come on, tenn. you are my family now. '