Wattpad Original

Book Two Sneak Peek

BOOK TWO IS READY FOR READERS!

***You will find the book on my profile.*** 

I hope you enjoy it, and thank you for reading!

Bedtime Story Book Two: Journey of a Girl

The Purple House: Chapter One 

(First Draft)

The moon was high and the night still young as Credence ran through the woods.

She didn't know where she was going, but she trusted in Isolam's words that what she sought was ahead.

She stumbled over logs and rocks, falling hard many times, but fear drove her on, even as her arms and legs began to bleed from several scratches given by the dark forest. She would run all night if she had to, she'd run clear out of the woods if it meant getting away from the Collector. 

The beast, the vile demon. Images of its monstrous form flashed through her mind, biting into her courage.

She heard the call of the Collector's minions, wicked beasts prowling in the night.

Roused, she feared, to find her and drag her back to their master.

Keep running, her mind screamed, no matter what roars at your back!

She cleared the trees and found herself in a moderately-sized meadow, a unique patch of soft grass surrounded on all sides by the woods. 

In the distance, moonlight lit the familiar shape of a roof and walls sitting atop a small hill. The sight spurred her on though she feared she might collapse from fatigue before reaching it.

Desperate in her haste, she didn't stop upon approaching the house, but slammed into the faint outline of its door, and the sudden impact of her head crashing against wood made her stumble back, dizzy. She fell upon the door once more, beating furiously against it, screaming to catch the attention of whatever dwelled on the other side.