6. Hunter's Cafe

"Hunter's Cafe"

Her fingers were dead cold despite being in the woolen gloves. She got out. Cold and frosty breezes were hitting her skin and sending shivers down her body. Her skin was cold as ice. She tightened her muffler around her neck. And went inside Hunter's Café.

Bell rang as she entered the café. No one was there not even that man. She took off her coat and sat on one of the stools at the counter. And soon that man came from the small kitchen. He was not in his uniform as if he was about to close the café when she came. He was in black jeans and wearing dark green shirt over it. He looked at her with wide hazel eyes and recognized her immediately. His nut brown hairs suits on his face.

"I was about to close." He said through straight face.

"Right now? Why?"

"Do I have to give you an explanation? I don't think it's necessary." He said as he grabbed his jacket from the stool.

Arrogant , rude, ill mannered doesn't even know how to talk to a woman. Ah. I can't say it aloud I wish i could beat the arrogance out of him. But I think he won't answer my questions then.

"Can you stop squeezing your eyes. And I think I have to close now if you are done with this 'silently checking me out' or I don't know If you are trying to telepath something into my mind with just looking at me."

Ahhh.

"I won't take long." She said as she shifted in her seat.

"I-I'm sorry for that behaviour. I reacted too much." She apologized as she looked at him.

"It's okay" Was all he replied, still not looking at her.

"You're just like your father. George Williams. A gentleman he was." She said.

He stopped his movement in an instant and looked at her "How do you know about my father?" He questioned with crossed arms. His brows frowned.. "Who are you?" He asked her as he was eyeing her suspiciously.

"Well, I'm Adeline Carter. But People call me 'Adi'." She told him. But didn't answered his question. "And what's your name?" She asked him.

"Joseph. Joseph Williams. So tell me about yourself 'Adi'." He asked showing some fake interest.

"Um. I'm 20 years old Canadian girl and I'm here because of my studies. It's my fourth day here." She explained with a smile.

"Oh. Then I should show you aroun-" he was in middle of his sentence when she cut him off.

"No, no, You don't need to. I know these places very well. I used to come here in my summer holidays every year to meet my aunt." She told him

"That's great. So now tell me Adeline Carter how do you know my father and why do you have those papers? Where did you find them exactly?" He leaned forward over the counter and bombarded her with questions over questions. There was grave coldness in his voice.

Adeline was not sure if she did the right thing to come here or not but there's no way she was backing. "I found those papers from my house. And I know that your father was working on that case. I want the details of that case that's why I'm here." She said with a serious facade folding her arms too.