7: A made up Detective

Last night, Adeline reached Atlanta at 11 pm and slept right after coming home.

Snow flakes were brushing off the window when Adeline woke up. She rubbed her eyes and turned her face to her right and the first thing she saw after opening her eyes was the backyard. She got up from her bed, wore her sweater and pulled the curtains back. Without a single thought she unlocked the window and pushed it open. A cold breeze hit her face. Snow flakes were making its way into her room. She was fearless and curious.

Why is everyone so afraid of this backyard. What happened here? Why do granny thinks that I can help the departed souls? Does that mean that they won't hurt me? Maybe they want me to help them.

My goodness! Exactly!

I got this now I know why I've been seeing a crying girl she wants me to help her! I need to find her.

Study!

Adeline ran barefooted towards the study. She wanted to know the truth. Its been haunting her ever since she came here, both the thought of being clueless and the house. She pushed open the door and it hit the wall with a thud. After taking a deep breath, she took a step forward

"Noel are you here?" Adeline waited for a reply.

No answer

"I know you want me to help you. I got it know Noel but you need to confront me for that." Adeline was more than ready for a reply but nothing moved. She waited for another minute but nobody showed up. She huffed at the quiet room and threw herself on the armchair.

"Nothing is going to work that way. I should think more professionally. If I were a detective, what would I be doing?"

"Making a suspect board?"

Adeline pulled open the drawer and took out a plain diary. There were three pens in the pen holder, she picked a red one and started writing.
But the paper still looked blank even after writing a whole line.

"Jelly-Belly, Of course! This stupid pen is 20 years old." She threw it away and ran downstairs.

She was enjoying this detective game. After finding a pen from her bag, she grabbed all the proofs she had collected and ran back to the study. She was breathing heavily and was out of breath. But she didn't care at all and started writing again.

"Backyard Mystery"

•On 17th of December,1963, Dalton got killed in the backyard.

•The murderer detached his finger from his body and left it in there with a bloody knife.

•Thomas was Noel's Fiancé.

•Dalton and Thomas knew each other.

•According to Noel's statement, Thomas and Dalton went missing.

•George Williams was in the charge of this case and he got killed as well.

George Williams holded Thomas accountable for the murder.