. * ˚✴ chapter 1 ✴˚ * .

oooo first book and kind of short chapter pog?? and fuck you autocorrect. i had to come back and change all of this to y/n stuff shemxbdfbmchxsmfcew)

keywords or whatever the heck its called:

y/n: your name

h/l: hair length 

h/c: hair color

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH (I'll bold when its beginning and over)

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

You wake up to the sound of sizzling bacon. Y/n's mom only cooked meals like that if she was trying to bribe someone. And in this case? It was you.

Y/n is a normal teenager. Or was. 16 years old, You had a job, and knew perfectly well how to take care of yourself. You loved her mom, but you were excited to be out in the real world, fending for yourself. You yawned, stretching, and swung your legs over the side of the bed. As you head towards your bedroom door, you pass the mirror hanging on the wall. Your h/l h/c hair was a rat's nest atop your head, but you didn't care. 

It was a weekend. A 3-day one, no less. You trudge out towards your apartment  kitchen as the salty aroma of bacon steadily grew stronger. Once you emerge, you were greeted by vibrant triangle flags hung all around the room, streamers, confetti, and a huge banner that bore the number... 17. You stood there, puzzled, until you realize. Oh. Ohhh. It's my 17th birthday. Sweet.

Just then, your mother noticed you and turned around with a huge fake smile on her face. Or not-so sweet. "Good morning, pumpkin! Happy birthday!"

"Thank you, mom." You jog over to your mother and hug her tightly. Then you glanced over at the sizzling bacon in the frying pan and darted to get some. Your mother slapped your hand lightly. "Nope! Save that for the ride!" You paused from cradling your stinging hand and glanced up at your mom. "The ride?"

"Yep! I'm taking you somewhere! Pack a bag or two for about a weeks worth and get dressed. Then we'll get going."

You didn't like the sound of that... the chances of it being good or bad were 50/50. Sharon could be taking you to see a long lost relative- or boarding school. Some crap. You don't know what to think, so you just went with it. You headed back to your bedroom while your mother dumped the freshly made food into plastic Tupperware containers. The sounds of your mom scurrying about quickly faded as you proceed in.

Turning on the bright linen-colored lamp by your door, you opened her sliding closet doors and chose a decent outfit for the day, something presentable that you could stand people seeing you in. You then reached up to the top shelf and grabbed your grey and pink Boston Red Sox baseball cap. You never knew much about the team- or baseball, for that matter- but you liked the way he colors looked on you.

You headed out and into the bathroom across the hall. Locking the door behind you, you leaned in for a closer look at yourself in the mirror. With a disheveled expression on your face, you looked a bit like Anastasia from Cinderella. You sighed and turned on the warm water. You washed her face and blotted it gently with a fresh towel. Positive that you were fresh enough, you guided your hand to attempt to flatten the frizzy h/c while your other hand reached for the hair brush. You put in some products to reduce the frizz. Satisfied, you venture back to your room.

From here, you proceed to pack your belongings, small trinkets, and necessities. Eventually, you come across a picture of your father.

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH

He had died of a car accident 5 years ago. You missed him so much. He taught you everything, especially how to read. Oh, for god's sake, you missed him so much. You always kept a Polaroid photo of him near you at all times. If you forgot it, you would have something very similar to a breakdown. You didn't want to think about last time... you shook the thoughts out of your head and moved on.

TW OVER (short but necessary, love y'all)

Once you were done packing everything, you went back out to your mother. "Hey mom, where are we-" You stop yourself mid sentence. Your mom was crying and talking on the phone. "This isn't right! Taking them away for....." Her voice faded out as you back into your room, not wanting to disturb her. You decide to wait until the phone call was over.

~ time skip because my hAnD hUrTs ~

Only when you heard complete silence from the other end of the apartment did you exit your bedroom. Assuming your mom was off the phone, you peek around the corner at her. She was drying her eyes and fixing her makeup. You walk out. "Hey, honey! Ready to go?" Sharon said, putting on her fake smile. "Yeah. Got my things," You said, lifting your bags.

"Great! Let's go, I've got your food!" You feel your mouth water at the tempting scent of freshly cooked food. You sigh. "Oh, come on, you don't have to wait for food that long, you pig!" You blink, sniffing disdainfully, and gathered your luggage. 

Her mother smiled- genuine, this time. "Hey. It'll be alright. And fun! You'll enjoy it, I promise." At this, you believe her. You loved her mother, and yet she still acted like a snobby blonde, she was truly amazing when she actually tried. You nod and leaned in for a hug. When you let go of their warm embrace, your mom grinned sheepishly and pranced out the door. 

"Wait, mom, you forgot the keys!" Footsteps, a grinning Sharon, and jingling noises as you head out the front door. You followed pursuit of the blonde woman, and, nearly tripping and tumbling down the stairs outside the apartment, finally got to the Honda Civic below. Hopping into the passenger seat, you sink into it, relieved at how soft and comfy it was. You feel your eyes started to droop, and before you knew it, the heavy waves of sleep had already retrieved your consciousness.

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

"Y/n... Y/n, wake up. Y/n. Y/n, wake up!"

Your eyes shot open. At first, you don't notice your surroundings, frantically shifting around until you see your mother leaning over you with another fake smile. You sigh and blinked a couple of times. Repositioning your crooked hat, you clamber out of your mom's car and stepped out to examine where you were. You had fallen asleep, you assumed. Bummer. No bacon. You shrug off the thought and looked around.

At first, you were confused; it looked like a kids camp. Cabins lay after the parking lot, and the parking lot surrounded by trees. How had Sharon even gotten in? That was when you noticed the sign. The huge sign in front of the largest cabin. She read,

Sally's Summer Camp For Teens.

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

hey lovelies and new lovelies go drink some water and eat something! or go watch ranboo's stream while furiously devouring a bowl of cocoa puffs like i am. <3