. * ˚✴ chapter 2 ✴˚ * .

(so sorry for not updating, i had beach day and really tired so when i got home i passed out., so double update! rest of the story in 1st person because why not. and i'm switching it to an x reader because it pains me to write like this it looks crusty af and i wouldnt usually do feminine reader but uhhhh dorms- i guess just ignore it- yep-)

keywords used:

y/n: your name

y/f/t: your final test (like end of school testing)

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

TW: PANIC ATTACK

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

You froze in the middle of closing the car door. A summer camp? But it's still April! And I didn't get to say goodbye to my friends, my teachers are going to wonder, I didn't bring as much stuff as I should have, and my homework-  You feel yourself begin to hyperventilate. Sharon, waist-deep in the other side of the car, hadn't noticed the beginnings of your breakdown. Your mind flew to all the things that could go wrong. Your breathing hitched, and you start to tremble, struggling to take in a breath. Your mom, now finished searching for her things, popped her head out from behind the roof of the Honda and offered, "Y/n! Do you want to-" She paused mid-sentence as she noticed your breakdown. She darted over. "No, oh, no no no, please, Y/n... don't do this now, oh... Y/n!" she said, shaking your shoulders. You feel your vision begin to fade out. "Y/n, SNAP OUT OF IT!" At that, you snap out of your trance. Your eyes shoot open, and you regain your vision and breathing resumed panicked, but normal.

You open your mouth, then closed it again, and opened it again- then closed it again. You don't know what to say. You try again and managed a very faint "I-I-I'm s-sorry, mom..." Sharon's look of concern and worry quickly faded to relief as she wrapped her arms around you in an extremely tight embrace. You lean in, comforted by the vanilla-scented perfume that wafted off of your mother and relieved she could save you before it got worse. "Let's just forget this happened and move on, okay? Don't let it affect your day. Fresh start," Sharon says to you.

TW OVER! SO SORRYYYY

"Okay, mom. But you have to answer my questions first." Your mother's smile faltered for a split second before she sighed. "Fine." 

You let all the questions you had been keeping trapped in your mind free. 

"What is this place?"

"It's a summer camp."

"Why did you take me here?"

"I thought you'd want a break from school! Couple extra months of summer for you."

"What about my homework, friends, teachers, assignments, y/f/t-"

"All taken care of. I've notified you teachers about where you'll be going, and they said not to worry about it."

"And my friends?"

"I'm sure your teachers will tell them too."

"Why is it... for teens?"

"Well, you wouldn't want the littles scurrying all over your feet, would you?"

"Well, no... but you could section off the teens camp and the younger kids camp."

"I don't know why they did it, okay? They just did." Sharon was beginning to sweat. You frown. "Okay," you say, finished- for the most part. You decide you don't want to pressure your mother into spewing any more lies, anyways. How you knew she was lying? The telltale sign in her family was an eyebrow twitch. You watched her silently sigh in relief. You knew you should probably keep an eye out for anything suspicious. "Alright, pumpkin. Grab your things and let's go." You nod and grab your items from the trunk. Following your mother up the front steps of the largest cabin, you take in a deep breath. Based off the signs, it was the front office and the staff's quarters. 

Sharon opened the door for you, and you were met with a blast of freezing cold AC. You stepped in, mom in pursuit. The place smelled of lavender and cinnamon, and there were banners of a smiling cartoon sheep with bugged out eyes with the words 'Sally's Summer Camp For Teens' under it. Must be the mascot. What a creep. You moved forward, and the sheep's eyes seemed to follow you... You shook your head, chills slithering down your spine. You direct your attention to the front desk where your mother was standing, talking to who you assumed was the reception lady. You wandered back over to her, curious of their conversation. They paused mid conversation as you reached the desk, and the lady, who looked about in her mid-20's, smiled up at me. The smile looked genuine, but her eyes didn't quite match. There was a certain sadness to them- "Hi! You must be Y/n," the receptionist said to you. You smiled and nodded. "While you were looking around, your mom told me a bit about you. Here's your schedule and a map! We put you in with people we think you might like," She said, handing me the papers she mentioned. "Okay, thank you," your mother says to her. You take the papers she handed you and smile once more before the lady pointed to a door in the back and said, "The cabins are just through that door." You nod, and Sharon takes your hand and leads you towards where the receptionist lady pointed. 

You push the metal double doors open and emerge, blinking furiously, into bright sunlight. After being in the dim lighting of the cabin, the sunlight was a major eyesore. You finally regain your range of vision and look around at your surroundings. 2-story cabins surrounded a bare patch of sandy dry ground. There were logs positioned all around the area, and a campfire placed in the middle. You assume this is where everyone sat for campfire-type stuff. Your mother tapped your arm and pointed in the direction of a cabin on the far left. A distinguishable red flag hung on the wall by the door. But you pause, glancing around a final time. There was no one around. Even if it was hot, it wasn't scorching. You frown. Sharon then decided it was a good moment to grab your arm and practically drag you to your destination. You squawk loudly, but then follow her. When you got to the cabin, you try to peek in the first floor window- but the glass is too dark-tinted. You wonder why as Sharon takes a key out of her pocket and inserts it into the keyhole on the door. She stepped in, and you followed.

It was dark, and neither of you could see a single thing. You and your mom groped around for a light switch, and after a few seconds, feel the smooth metal of the switch plate and flip it. You sat blinking, blinded again. Sighing, you turn to Sharon. "Where do we go now?" She looked over at you. "Upstairs," she scoffed. I rolled my eyes and surveyed the scene instead.  An inactive fireplace was attached to the left wall, and a few comfy-looking armchairs were placed around a table in a corner. Bookshelves scattered around and a fancy carpet on the floor. Cool. You glance at the stairs in the corner, glance back at your mom, then back to the stairs again. She nods and looks longingly at one of the armchairs. I giggle quietly and head up the stairs.

You hear a few whispers and some shuffling before you fully emerge into the second story, and when you did, it immediately fell silent. There were two girls that looked about your age sitting on a bed together, leaned over a piece of paper. They stared at you, wide-eyed, until you waved shyly. At this, they seemed to calm down and actually breathe again. You feel the air become less tense as they relaxed. One of the girls piped up in a whisper. 

"You must be the new person."

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

heyyy guys hope you're doing well! don't forget to hydrate, eat, and get rest <3! also RANBOO IS IN THE UK FINALY YAYYYYYYY