. * ˚✴ chapter 4 ✴ ˚ * .

You trudge back up the stairs after your mother left. Wiping your eyes, you grabbed your bags and set them on the bed. A prickling sensation on your back reminded you that the girls were still there. You turn around and see them looking at you. The one with the short pink hair pats a spot on the bedsheets next to her, so you warily strode over and sit down next to them. The brunette looked over at me and mumbled, "We whisper unless we're out in wilderness, far from camp. But even then, we're not safe."

"Why?" You whisper back, confused. "Just in case someone is listening." She glanced around the room as if there were hidden microphones. "Is that why you told me not to say my name?"

"Yes."

"But is it the camp staff you're hiding from, or someone else?"

"Both... I guess. More or less the government." You froze, frowning again. What the hell is this place? "Okay. So how do you communicate?" You ask. "Codenames, of course," The girl with the pink hair said. Clever. "Smart. What are yours, then?"

"I'm Puffy," brunette girl said.

"I'm Nihachu," said the other girl.

"Cool. Guessing I need one too?" They nodded. You thought about it for a few seconds, tabbing through all your favorite things. You decided on Raven. "How's Raven?" Nihachu smiled and nodded, while Puffy gave you a thumbs up. You grinned sheepishly and motioned to the bed you were sitting on. "Why don't you decorate?" They glanced at each other. "We didn't really have a chance to bring anything valuable. We were sort of dragged here." You blinked. "By force?"

"Yes."

"What did you do wrong?" The exchanged another glance. "There's a meeting every night at 1 a.m, we can explain there. And you can meet everyone." Gosh, these people were hardcore. "Well, since you didn't get to decorate anything... I have some stuff you could have," I offer. "Really?" Nihachu says, not really believing me. "Yep!" You whisper happily. You leapt from the bed and open your backpack. Pulling out all the trinkets you packed, you wander back over and spread them out over the bed and sat back down. "I also brought batteries, a few water bottles, and fairy lights dependent on those batteries," You whisper. "That's great! We have a stash of batteries and materials we might need if we ever need to... y'know... run," Puffy replies. You nod, understanding.

For the next few hours, we sat picking through what you brought and chatting about random stuff. Later on, you unpacked, bringing the rest of the bags up from the first floor. But there, you noticed something before you went back up. Being the sneak you were, you peeked through the blinds and looked out to the camp. It was semi-dark, around 5:00 p.m, and the sun was setting, casting a beautiful orange hue across the ground. You scanned through all the cabins, their blinds closed and windows dark. Your eyes fell on the cabin across from yours, the green cabin.

You noticed a faint glow in the top left window, and a pair of eyes peeking out from behind the blinds. You only caught a flash of color before they were gone and the light was out. 

Grey.....

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

hihihi extra chapter because why not, don't forget to drink water and eat and SUB WITH PRIME TO RANBOO >:]