. * ˚✴ chapter 6 ✴ ˚ * .

"I'm Ranboo."

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

"Ran... boo. Like Ron, and then add boo?"

"No, instead of Ron, its Ran, but I pronounce it as Ronboo."

"Oh, okay." Your mystery boy just revealed his code name to you. Assuming that it was his code name... It was cleverly designed, you'd give it that. "Your eyes... I've seen them before," you told him. He gulped, his adams apple bobbing. "Uh- I saw you through the blinds earlier," he replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh! That was you?"

"Mhm. I was curious, we don't get many new people often. Or at all. Or ever. Just the same faces... Some would call it insanity." You frowned. How long was he here for? Wasn't this just supposed to be a fun summer camp...? "How long were you here for?" He paused, lookin g down and squinting. "2 years. Just about."

"What? But isn't this a summer camp?!"

"More like a prison," He says. "My parents just never came back for me, I guess."

"That's terrible..."

"But they weren't really my parents. I was adopted." You nod, understanding. "My parents abandoned me when I was a few weeks old... I don't know who they are, or what they look like. I don't want to know, either."

"That's terrible... I'm so sorry." He nodded, and sniffled very quietly. "Hey," you said, grabbing his hand, despite you first meeting. "It'll all be okay. You'll get through this." He looked up at you with semi-watery eyes. "Thank you," he says. You smile softly and let go of his hand to pat his arm. Then you looked back down. "Uh... I still don't know your name- your code name," He tells you.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's Raven." He froze for a second. Then shook his head as if shaking out of a trance. "Sorry. That name just sounds really familiar..." You frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Well... when I was a kid, I had this friend... my best friend. We did everything together. Climbed trees and pretended that we were conquering kingdoms, played pranks on the neighbors, and snuck out at night to see each other. I spent every possible living moment with her. The night before she moved away, we sat under the stars and sang songs, hugged each other. Stuff like that. Then, I never saw her again. Never heard from her again. I didn't have a phone, so we couldn't text. We sort of just... lost connection. Forgot about each other. Sometimes, I think about her when I'm out here laying under the stars. She probably forgot about me." You sat there in awe. His story sounded exactly like your childhood best friend. 

You sat there in silence for a minute or two. Then...

"Mark...?"

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

hey guys, i'm so so sorry for not updating! trying  my best to focus on it! dont forget to hydrate and take care of yourself :D