3

I stood next to Adam as we watched people in the ballroom interact with each other. The sound of someone clearing their throat filled the room. The man with the grey eyes stood on the stage with his left hand in his pocket and his right hand, holding a glass of champagne. Everyone clapped their hands and he raised his index finger, silencing the crowd. The entire room immediately went silent.

"It's now the time everyone has been waiting for tonight. I will be calling on stage the woman I'll be marrying," he said. Whispers filled the room and girls started squealing. Everyone gathered closer to the stage, parents holding their daughters with excitement.

My eyes darted to my mother who was waving her hand in the air, signaling me to come over to her. I glanced at Adam and he just blinked back. "Don't move from here, I'll be back soon, I wanna leave." He nodded, understanding the orders I gave him.

My mother threw her hands out and pulled me closer as soon as I was within her reach. "I can't wait to see the girl he picked, you need to be friends with her." I yawned and blew a strand of my hair out of my face. "Can I go home after this? I'm tired-"

"No, you may not go home after this." My father walked towards us holding two glasses of champagne, bumping into people and not even apologizing when they threw him dirty looks. My mother's face lit up with joy after seeing the other glass of champagne in his hand. "Aw thank you, I needed a drink-"

Father swerved his hand out of the way as my mother reached for it. "They're both mine," he said, narrowing his eyes at her with a raised eyebrow, before turning to focus on the stage.

The guy with the grey eyes spoke for so long, at this point I was slouching. My mother hit my back. "Stand up straight." My posture straightened.

"And my fiancée..." he went on.

My eyebrows furrowed when I wasn't able to find him, uninterested in whatever the guy was saying. My eyes darted around the gigantic ballroom as I felt panic rise up my chest.

"The girl in the black dress."

I looked back at the stage, suddenly interesting on seeing who his fiancée would be. Where's the girl in the black dress? Everyone was confused. Who the fuck was the girl in the black dress. I turned around, my mother looking at me, her eyes wide. I glanced down at myself. The black mermaid dress that I was wearing.

I looked around for my father and I couldn't find him. Everyone gaped at me. As soon as I turned back to face the stage, a pair of grey eyes were staring back at me. People moved away and opened a passage for me to walk to the stage. I slowly walked towards the stage and clutched the sides of my dress, trying not show my nervousness. He stood a few feet away from me and held his hand out to help me up the stage.

I pointed my index finger to myself. "You talking about me?" I whispered, still in disbelief about the whole situation. Well shit.

He raised his eyebrow and I felt myself moving to him, reluctantly. I put my hand into his and he led me onto the stage. A waitress came to me and handed me a glass of champagne. "Oh I don't drink-" She picked up the glass from the tray and pushed it into my hand, quickly running off the stage after.

"Ladies and gentlemen, a toast to my beautiful future wife," He said proudly, gesturing his hand to me and everyone bowed. He looked at me. "Come closer."

I scurried closer to him and everyone stood up straight. "I don't even know you," I whispered quietly for only him to hear.

"Smile, or else I'll kill you," he replied back as his slid hand on my upper back, making my eyes widened. I forced a smile and chugged the champagne as quickly as I can.

"Slow down," he cautioned coldly through a million dollar smile as everyone started snapping pictures of us standing together. I smiled and waved my hand to the cameras around us. "Good girl."

He led me off the stage. "Stand here, I'll be back."

I took another sip of the champagne and as soon as I lowered my glass, I saw my father prowling towards me, pushing everyone out of his way. He grabbed my elbow and pulled me to the side where nobody could see us. He turned back to me and his nostrils were flaring.

"Why did he call you onto the stage?" he asked, clenching his jaw and breathing in my face a little too loud for my liking. "I don't know-"

"Liar!" he shook me violently and the champagne glass fell out of my hand, shattering when it hit the ground.

"Father, I swear I'm not lying-"

"Do we have a problem here?" A deep voice asked behind me.

My father let go of my elbow and straightened his posture, looking over my shoulder. All of his anger was replaced with a professional smile on his face as he held out his hand. "Ah...Luca."

Luca put his hand behind my neck and moved me to the side, he stood in front of me, squaring up to my father. His height stood at 6'1ft whilst my father only stood at 5'6ft . "I don't appreciate you shouting at my fiancée." He crossed his arms.

"Oh you must've taken it the wrong way. I just wanted to congratulate her but I do think that there is some sort of mistake here." My father pulled me from behind Luca into an uncomfortable hug, away from the huge man.

Luca's eyes narrowed and he let out a silent scoff. "There's no mistake. Don't touch her or else I'll kill you." My father immediately let me go and pushed me back, making me bump into Luca's hard chest. Luca's arms hugged my shoulders.

"Follow my bodyguard." He flicked his chin over my head. I looked at a guy on the side with a gun in his hand. "Follow me."

Luca's arms fall away from my body to his sides. I heard footsteps behind me as I walked outside. I looked back and saw Adam walking behind me, following us. He bowed his head to show that he was right behind me, not leaving my side at all and I smiled.

Luca'a guard stopped in front of a black Porsche Cayenne and opened the back door for me. I looked at the car suspiciously. As if he sensed my hesitance, Adam walked towards the car and looked inside.

He soon stood properly, fixing his blazer and gestured for me to enter. "It's safe to enter" is what he's telling me. I slid in the back and sat in the middle. Adam got into the front passenger seat with Luca's guard. The guard stared back at me. "Is he supposed to come with us, miss?"

"Yes," I simply answered, staring out the window. Adam reached towards me in the back seat to put the seatbelt on me. I quickly held his hand. "I got it."

He gave me one last glance before letting go of the seatbelt and siting back into his seat, putting his own seatbelt on. My safety before his. I frowned at the thought.

The bodyguard started the car and drove to Luca's house. The mansion stood there, surrounded by a high wall with cameras facing every direction and a big black iron gate. The car came to a halt. Four guards in all black uniforms and guns by their side walked to the gate. Luca's guard got out the the car, took a card out of his pocket and scanned it by the gate before walking back to the car.

The gate opened and he drove in. He drove on a gravel road that was divided with black thorns on each side and grass covered until the walls of the entire mansion. The house seemed quite far if you asked me. After a five minute drive, Adam got out of the car and opened the door for me. I stood in front of a modern 21st century mansion.

It was quite late now and it was dark outside. The lights gave it a warm feeling. A feeling like this was...home.

I walked up the stairs that lead into the mansion and the glass doors opened. Behind the doors stood a line of helpers, guards and butlers.