CHAPTER FOUR

004

004. | ( BUTTERFLIES ) 🦋 • *. . *
CHAPTER FOUR. . . . . ! ! !
━━━━ the discovery of spiderman

 ! ! !━━━━ the discovery of spiderman

━━━━ 🦋 ━━━━

    DAYS WENT BY ON THE CALENDAR and Daisy has seen a difference with Peter Parker. Peter barely showed up at Midtown High and when he did, he either had bloody and bruised knuckles or a cut lip. Sometimes both. Daisy watched the bold and shining light grow dimmer in Peter when he would walk past her in the hallways. But Ben Parker's death wasn't the only thing the students of Midtown High were talking about - or rather the citizens of New York City. Because there is something strange, no, someone strange in New York City.

    Daisy anxiously bites the tip of her pen, twirling softly in her desk chair, her thoughts all coming together in her mind. Daisy didn't know why she was so anxious. Maybe it was her big caring heart that was making her think of Peter and his aunt. Maybe she was just anxious for school? Daisy finally puts her pen down on her desk top and starts twirling a strand of her curly baby hair that hangs out of her ponytail.

    "Dais, look what I just found on YouTube." Melanie rushes into Daisy's room with her laptop, startling Daisy. Melanie takes a place on Daisy's bed and rests the laptop on her lap. Daisy manages to walk carefully to her bed and takes a seat next to her sister. "What did you find?" Daisy says, looking at her sister's laptop.

    "I was scrolling through the latest news on YouTube and I came across about a hundred videos of this." Melanie turns the laptop towards Daisy.

    What Daisy's eyes sees is a person dressed in a skin-tight red and blue spandex suit she has ever seen. Melanie chuckles lightly at the red and blue spandex but then Daisy realises that it's face is covered with an identical mask that does a great job at hiding their identity. His skill however-Daisy has seen something like this. With Peter. But the way this new character moves is different than what she witnessed with Peter in the gym a few weeks ago. The masked person swings in the camera shot and saves a man from getting hit by a bus.

    "What the, did you see that? He just came out of nowhere, swinging from rope." Melanie shouts. Daisy continues watching the video. The entire video grabs Daisy's attention, and she realises that Melanie was wrong about what he was swinging from. He was swinging in from a web. What is happening to the city?

    The video ends and Melanie closes the laptop shut. "No words. But- that was kind of hot." Melanie smirks. "Mel. You have a boyfriend."

    "Not anymore, Harry broke up with me, dropped out of Empire State and went off somewhere. I'm a free woman." Melanie says. Daisy's heart breaks for her sister, but Daisy knows Melanie very well and she knows that Melanie doesn't get too attached in her relationship, especially relationships that would most likely end in a few weeks or months.

    "But I'm over it." Melanie says. A timer sound on Melanie's phone chimes, alerting the sisters that its time for Daisy's meds. "Alright, meds time. Roll up your sleeves." Melanie ordered. Daisy did what she was told and let her sister insert the IV into her arm.

    "Btws, Gwen Stacy is downstairs discussing Newton's Law of Motion with dad." Melanie said. Without another word, Melanie Burke removed the IV from Daisy's arm and walked out of her sister's room. A confused Daisy wondered who was behind that mask of theirs. Daisy's phone chimes and she sees that Gwen had sent her a text.

GWEN STACY
On my way up!
Sent: - 1:25 PM

    A second later, the ash-blonde haired girl appeared in Daisy's doorway, wrapped in a gray trench coat and scarf wrapped around her neck. Gwen took a place on Daisy's bed. "So, how's everything?" Gwen asked. "Fine." Daisy replied. But her focus was one something - or rather someone - else. Gwen could sense that something was off with her friend. Daisy never made eye contact with Gwen, not even when she entered her room.
    "I think we should invite Peter over for dinner tomorrow night. My parents will be working late so I highly doubt they would appreciate the fact that we will be alone in my house with a boy."
    "Well we can't go to my house. My dad wouldn't like that either." Gwen protested. "Gwen please. Peter needs some friends right now. I don't want him to be alone." Daisy pleaded. "Fine, but you're asking him." Gwen said.

━━━━ 🦋 ━━━━

    By the time Tuesday morning rolled around at Midtown High, Gwen and Daisy waited for Peter Parker to arrive. Gwen stored her finished first period books into her locker and Daisy watched as teens came in and out of the school's corridor.

    "Maybe this was a bad idea." Daisy worried. "Daisy, calm down. It's only Peter. Its not like we're asking the First Lady." Gwen says and closes her locker door. When Daisy sees Peter coming down the hallway, she spins herself around swiftly, to avoid any eye contact with Peter.

    "Gosh, you're all sweaty." Gwen chuckles. "Here. Let me help." Gwen said and helped Daisy take off her coat. Peter approached the girls and smiled at them.

    "Oh my gosh, Pete, what happened to your eye, it looks like it hurts." Daisy notices Peter's purple and black eye. "Oh, I just fell off my skateboard, it's nothing really." Peter said. Gwen and Daisy looked at each other. They could tell that something was off with Peter Parker but they didn't know what. No one knew why he was acting so weird. Not even Aunt May herself. Gwen looked back up at Peter and bit her lower lip.

    "Peter, do you like branzino? It's some type of fish, I dunno but my mom is making. So if you want to, you can come by my house tonight at 8." Gwen said with a nervous chuckle and wrote her address down and handed it to Peter.

    "Yeah, alright, sure." Peter said and looked down at Daisy. "Daisy, will you be there?"

    "Of course I will." Daisy smiled. Peter smiled back and continued on his way. This time tomorrow night, Daisy Burke will be having dinner with none other than Peter Parker.

     a/n: hello my beautiful people, sorry it took me so long to get this chapter finished. So I changed the title to See You in New York to Butterflies because it fits the way Daisy and Peter feel for each other. Anyway, enjoy!

 Anyway, enjoy!