sixteen

• spring break •

SELENA
It's been months since I've spoken with Draco at all, but i did gain really close friends. My mom even had the baby.

But Draco was still in the back of my head, no matter how much I tried to keep myself busy and not think about him, it never worked.

It never worked because I did still love him.

I didn't see him after the confrontation, I only saw him in Care of Magical Creatures but never said anything to him. I feel so embarrassed, how stupid could I have been to sleep with my ex-boyfriends father numerous times-

"Ms.Zabini?" He snapped me out of my thoughts. I hesitated before replying. "What?" I asked. "You had your hand up?" He rose his brow and I sighed. "Oh um- ca-." The bell disrupted me and I flinched at the sudden noise. "Alright class, have a nice spring break, I'll see you soon." Draco said and I gathered my materials. I wanted to stay but knew I couldn't, my parents forced me to come back home.

"Ms.Zabini?" I turned and he had my phone in his hand. "Oh- my goodness, I apologize." I tried to grab it from his hands but he pulled away. "Were you using your phone during my teaching?" He asked. "No- may I please have my phone back? I need to go." I said and he sighed before giving it to me.

•••

"Hi lovely." My mother gave me a hug before I pulled away and showing me my little brother.. "Hey mom, hey baby." I smiled and my father walked in. I noticed my mother tense around him though, she does that when she's mad at someone. He put his arm around her waist. "Blaise not right now." She said sternly and he sighed. "Is everything alright?" I asked and my mother nodded.

"You're lying to me." I said with my brows furrowed. "Sel-." My mother was cut off by my father. "We have to tell her." My father said faintly. "I don't want to make her choose." My mother sighed.

"Make me choose? Why would I choose, and what?" I asked.

"Love, you're mother and I- we aren't doing the best right now. We're separating." He said.

I felt like my heart had been ripped out, I didn't want to chose because I loved them both so much.

"What? Why?!" I asked before tears pricked my eyes. "We- we aren't doing so well financially, and the only way to save the money is to separate and keep the money going." My mother said. "No- but you two love eachother." I grabbed my father and mother's hands. "I don't think Luna wants me anymore, do you princess?" He asked her and a tear fell out of her eye. "I need to be excused." She said and walked away with Xeno. "Dad- you surely can't be serious?" I asked him with all seriousness. "I'm sorry Selena, it has to be done." He walked away from me and left me in the foyer.

"Also, Draco and Scorpius will be staying with us this whole break, they're coming at 7pm. Get ready." I heard my father shout. Fuck.

I went upstairs to my room and started to cry. I couldn't cry, I surely couldn't allow myself to feel like this cause I had to stay strong for my family, right? I just wish my life wasn't so weird.

So.. complicated.

I started to get ready as it was 6:30, but I was worried. Was Eleanor gonna be here? I hope not..

I put on my sun dress that my mother had gotten me and walked downstairs.

I heard people talking and saw Draco, Scorpius, Addy and..

Eleanor.

"Hello." I said and shook their hands. "This is-." My father tried to introduce Eleanor. No need. "Eleanor Rivera. Nice to see you, Professor." I smiled and shook her hand. She eyed me up and down before I let go of her hand and let it drop. "You're room is guest room 7, it's next to Selena's room." My father said and Draco nodded. "Scorpius, your room is guest room 4, you can share with Addy if you'd like." My mother smiled and they nodded.

~

I walked upstairs into my dorm after dinner, I was exhausted and not particularly happy about Draco and Eleanor sleeping in the room next to mine. I sat down on my bed and heard a knock. "Come in." I said. Scorpius walked in and I sighed. I really wasn't in the mood to fight. "Hey." He said and sat down. "Hi." I said as I looked at my ceiling. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He shrugged as a response to my question, and he lied down with me.

"No you're not." He said. "Yes, I am." I scoffed. "Alright, whatever floats your boat." He chuckled and I let out a exhausted laugh. "It's not mine." He said. "What isn't yours?" I asked as I propped myself in my elbows. "The baby." He sighed and i frowned. "I'm sor-." He cut off my sentence.

"Don't be."

"I don't even think she's pregnant."