chapter 02

𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟿, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

CHAPTER TWO || Married Managers 

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜𝗡 𝗔𝗕𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗖𝗞, my hand still hovering on the doorknob. I scan each one of them, surprised to see how much they changed. We hadn't had any encounters in a few years They would be attractive if they weren't assholes. 

"Ah Cleo! You're finally back! This is the band you will be going on tour with, I assume you know them already," Brent chirped from his spot next to the other man. 

My mouth was slightly parted, and anger seeped in me. "What the fuck are they doing in my damn house?" I demanded once the shock wore off. I kicked off my shoes and headed into our living room, where they were stood.

On a usual circumstance, I'd feel very cozy. Our living room was easily my favorite spot in the whole house. Tall, arched ceilings, with a modern chandelier hanging in the middle of the room. To the left, there was a beautiful fireplace with a T.V mounted on it. Full-length glass windows lined the back side, which gave a perfect sight of the pool, and the gorgeous LA view (in my opinion, its even better at night because the city is lit up). Lastly, to the right, was the kitchen. 

One of them whispered, "it's not like we want to be here." My eyes shot up to theirs, and I was surprised to see the face of Corbyn Besson. AKA the only boy I've ever thought was decently cute, and you see how that turned out for me. He turned out to be a selfish dick, but I didn't know him in the first place, so why am I surprised? 

He looked a lot different though. Like a good different. For starters, he had brown hair instead of the blonde, which suited him fantastically. And I can tell his face matured—lacking that babyish youth it used to have. And his clothing, dang, it was hot. He wore black jeans, and a loose-fitting, black tank top. He had his arms crossed, and his muscles were on display. He looked absolutely pissed, which, by the way was so fucking attractive to me. 

I mentally slapped myself. I can't be thinking of the enemies like that. 

Brent sighed, "I told you, they are going to be your tour mates. Please accept that fact Cleo." 

My eyes shot to his in a fervent manner. "No way in hell am I going on world tour with them," I pointed to each one of them in disgust. 

"It's not a question. This is Randy, their manager," he pointed to the man beside him. "He will accompany you at the shows." 

Randy nodded his head towards me, looking displeased. I just gape, unable to process this turn of events. I have to go on world tour  with the band who literally ruined multiple career-changing shows for us? And it happened to be thirteen months long—more if we host more concerts.

I look at the serious faces of Brent and Randy.

I guess so then, but not without a fight. 

I open my mouth the speak, but for the first time in my life, I wasn't unable to find words to express my outright hatred. 

"Well Randy and I will leave you guys to talk for a bit. Please remember you're an adult Cleo," Brent reminded, making my anger double.

I sent him the middle finger—which luckily he didn't see because he turned towards our office with Randy at his side. I turn back to the living room, and for a second, I thought I saw a flash of amusement cross of Corbyn's face. But it disappeared the moment we locked eyes.