chapter 03

𝙹𝚄𝙽𝙴 𝟽, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

CHAPTER THREE || Shared Tour Vans 

A faint trickle of sunlight shone through the blinds—waking me up from my slumber. 

I open my eyes, blurry spots everywhere I looked. My room was abnormally empty, reminding me what day it was. I groan, The beginning of tour....yay! I roll my eyes at this thought.

Rubbing my eyes, I fall out of bed and stumble to my bathroom to check use the toilet. 

I flush, and wash my hands, shocked when I saw my messy hair and red cheeks. I decide I will clean up later, curious to see what the girls were up to. 

As I open my door, I hear the racket of several people chattering. How did I not hear this from my bedroom?

"Adelaide? Is Cleo up yet? We have to leave in thirty minutes!" The deep voice of Brent came from downstairs.

I stop as I hear a masculine laughter break out. "Jonah that's perfect! We have to film that!" None other that Corbyn Besson's voice sounded. 

Before I could stop myself, I walk into clear view of everyone in our living room. All eyes turn towards me. I saw a few people I didn't recognize, which was displeasing.

I notice the boys whisper to each other, and Corbyn's eyes linger on me longer than the others. He eventually turns back to his conversation.

"Oh Cleo! Get ready, you're a mess!" Brent piped from his perch beside Randy in the kitchen. 

I give him a death stare, and move towards my friends—without a glance towards the Why Don't We boys. 

"Why the fuck didn't you wake me up?" 

All three girls exchang glances, and then Hayley murmurs, "um, waking you up is very close to suicide." 

I was about to retort, but a knock on the front door sounded—causing all conversations to pause. 

"I'll get it! It must be Mrs. Brenners!" Randy perks, strutting towards the door like he owned the place. He flung the door open, and a middle-aged woman in a professional uniform steps in—her eyes scanning the room. She looks snobby.

"Can I talk to the kids?" She winks at Randy, as she walks towards the Why Dont We boys' perch at the other side of the room. She waves towards us, "come over here sweeties!" 

I give a glance to my friends, and warily step forward until my group was beside the boys. I see the guys shift uncomfortably at our proximity, but I sigh and say, "yes?" 

"Alright darlings, I have some...news! It shouldn't be a problem, but I felt the need to share," she explains slowly, eyes darting to each group. Her eyes linger over me, probably because of my bedhead hair.

"What is it ma'am?" Daniel pipes. 

"Well, the tour buses cost more than we expected. So we could only buy one...one that could fit all of you! Believe it or not, it costed less than what two smaller vans would! I know it's not a problem though, you two get along real nicely!" She winks,  "a little too nicely." 

My jaw falls open. We have to share a tour bus with Why Dont We on top of going on tour with them? 

"Wait what...," the two bands start arguing and complaining.

The lady looks genuinely confused. "Well, I didn't think it would be a problem! You can buy another van for thirty thousand dollars if you'd like! But we're not covering it."