chapter 05

CHAPTER FIVE || Drunk Encounter

It was three in the morning.

Don't get me wrong. I love staying up late, but being forced awake by enemy band's constant cheering and hollering was making me fume.

I stare up at my bunk, willing myself not to move and go yell at them. I thought about several different topics, eventually landing on something I tried not to ponder often.

My parents.

They haven't spoken to me in four years...since they kicked me out. They hadn't agreed with me singing, because they wanted me to run their company so they could retire.

My brother, Jacob, was supposed to take over, but he died about six years ago. We were very close and his death really shocked me. 

Another round of laughter came from outside their room, took me out of my thoughts. I start ripping my sheets off and crawling out of bed, trying not to trip on any loose items.

I stable myself as my feet hit the ground, and I storm to the door--flinging it open.

The kitchen and living areas were completely empty, I'm surprised to see that the sound is actually coming through their bedroom.

Damn, they're some loud bitches.

I debate going in there to tell them to be quiet, but the opening of a door stops me.

"Oh. What are you doing up?" Corbyn Besson frowns, holding a red cup in his hands. His hair is messy and his clothes are rifled up as though he's been moving around a lot.

He catches me off guard, so I stare, wondering how to respond.

"You are being too loud, I can't sleep," I finally say, looking through the doorframe to see the boys huddled around a screen.

"Too bad. Go somewhere else then," Corbyn rolls his eyes, already looking disinterested in the conversation. He slips past me to the kitchen, where he starts to fill his cup with water.

My eyes move toward him, "you inconsiderate bitch, not everything revolves around you and your little friends."

Corbyn places his cup down and puts both his hands on the counter. He gives me a glare, looking me right in the eye.

"I don't give a fuck if you can't sleep," he clarifies, and grabs his water once again, taking a sip.

"Just be quieter or we have a problem," I snap back.

Strolling back towards me, he says, "good night," before closing the door in my face.

I groan in frustration and whip back on my heels back to the bedroom. The girls all look at me, "those fuckers aren't shutting up anytime soon." 

Scarlet and Adelaide huff in frustration and turn back in their beds, both of them covering pillows over their heads. Hailey and I attempt to do the same

________________________________

THE NEXT DAY

________________________________

I smile as many cameras flash in my face.

Today was our first meet and greet...with the Why Don't We boys. I wrap an arm around Jack Avery grudgingly when a fan came up and asked for a picture. We quickly break apart and I go back to the girls.

Adelaide is complimenting someone's hello kitty shirt and Hailey was talking to Scarlet. 

I feel a tap on my back and turn around to see none other than Corbyn Besson. "What?"