The best Husband (D.M)

Draco Malfoy x gender neutral! reader

Summary - After the war in a peaceful life comprised of beautiful mornings, blissful night, your world's best husband and his insecurity.

Warnings - None, at least I think none.

"Morning," a hoarse voice mumbled into the softness of the pillow. You shifted in the arms of your husband, burying your head into his shoulder.

You hummed sleepily, trying to block the sunlight shining through the windows of the bedroom. Pulling the blanket tighter around the two of you, you nuzzled your face into the crook of his neck.

"Do you wanna wake up, my love?" Draco asked softly, adding to the beautiful atmosphere that hung around the two of you.

"No," you mumbled, quietly and snuggled closer to him. The war was over two years ago, fighting so vigorously that the scars left was so deep and troubling but like all - happiness comes after dark times. You and Draco married 3 years after the war ended, it was much needed and the ceremony itself was blissful. Yet, Draco seemed to assume he never deserved you however you told otherwise.

"We are gonna stay in bed forever then?" His voice was still hoarse but you loved his morning voice, it gave tingles in the pit of your stomach and you treasured that feeling.

You once again hummed in answer. Draco chuckled and shifted so that he held you tightly within his arms, your face pressed to his chest, the two of you completely wrapped in the white blanket.

"I love you," he whispered into your hair.

You hummed, "I love you too,"

The two of you after several minutes - Or hours? Neither of you knew - managed to get up from the comfort of your bed and do something that would suffice your basic needs as a human. Yeah, you were cooking breakfast or more like Draco was cooking breakfast, you were just sat atop of the counter, hair still messy and in your pyjamas, teasing and admiring your husband.

"Taste," He extended a spoon full of food he was cooking and that you weren't aware of for this long.

Gulping the contents in the spoon, you flashed him a wide grin, "Awesome,"

Draco chuckled and pecked your lips, "You look beautiful,"

Your cheeks slowly tinted pink as you pulled him closer by wrapping your legs around his torso.

"I know," you said, dramatically flipping your tangled hair.

Draco laughed against your lips and connected them together in a blissful kiss.

"You're so dramatic, do you know that?" He whispered, slightly pulling away.

You giggled, wrapping your arms around his neck, "Have you seen my husband?"

Draco smirked, "No, but I bet he looks damn hot,"

"Yeah, he does with a tad bit of stupidity,"

"What?" That's when it dawned on him that the gas was still on, "Oh Merlin!"

He scrambled out of your hold to put off the flames that now danced on the pan and once it was out he glanced at you and then burst out laughing.

You stood, leaning against the railing of your balcony, staring at the sun setting sky. It was beautiful, the gentle evening breeze ruffling your hair and leaving goosebumps in its wake. It was peaceful and much needed after what you have been through.

"Here," Draco handed you a cup of coffee and wrapped his arms around you from behind, resting his chin on your shoulder, "I love you,"

You turned around in his arms. He looked divine at that moment, grey eyes sparkling as he looked at you lovingly as though you owned his world, strands of his silver-blonde hair falling to his eyes and a gentle pull in the corner of his lips.

Love bloomed in your chest, spreading through your whole being. Standing on your tiptoes you connected your lips to his in a soft kiss, the world around you fading, just a mild buzzing sound in your ears.

"I love you too," you whispered softly, afraid it would disturb the peaceful silence.

Draco tucked a strand of hair behind your ears and the smile on his face slipped. He sighed and rested his forehead against yours, "Why?"

"Huh?" you asked, confused as Draco cupped your right cheek.

"Why do you love me?" he blurted.

"Draco..." You whispered and suddenly the lovely wind morphed to have melancholy woven into it.

"I am a monster," Draco listed, not allowing you to speak, "I don't deserve you. I was so close to killing someone. I was the follower of one of the darkest wizard the wizarding world has ever-"

"That doesn't make you a bad person, Draco," I sighed, "That doesn't make me not love you. People don't know the Draco I have seen, he is anything but a monster. He is the most amazing son, wizard, best friend and the best husband anyone could get."

You could see the tears shining in the corner of his eyes as you stepped back on your feet after kissing his forehead, "I love you, Draco Malfoy,"

Draco chuckled, wiping away his tears as he smashed his lips to your, "I love you too, (Y/N) Malfoy,"