Number one priority (S.B)

Sirius Black x Gender neutral!Reader

Summary - Sirius Black had managed to pass almost 9 years after losing his hearing ability but only at the age of 25 did he dearly hope he could hear your voice for the first time.

Warnings - Mentions of death, the prank and bad parents.

A/N So, a long time ago I read a fic with deaf!Sirius and I immediately fell in love with it and so this teeny piece formed in my mind. I really loved the idea but I am worried if it was executed properly but here it is! And you guys are getting to see this even before I posted them on Tumblr so have a blast!

"Hello, darling," You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and a chin placed in the crook of your neck. You giggled and turned around in Sirius' arms.

"Hello, love," You said, slowly and carefully and watched with patience as Sirius' eyes fell to your lips. You knew the cogs turned in his head and deciphered what you said.

"I missed you," he said and kissed your cheek. You waited for him to look back at you, "You haven't seen me for what? Five hours?"

"Five hours, darling! You know what all happened then?" He said, a smile always present on his face.

You narrowed your eyes playfully at him and asked, "What happened?". You regretted your question as you watched his happy smile slowly morph into a frown.

He scoffed and remained silent, his gaze fell to the floor. You placed your index finger below his chin and lifted his face to look into his eyes, "Whose bones should I break?"

Sirius chuckled wetly, and leaned closer in your arms, "No one's," He whispered into your ears. You gently moved so that you wrapped an arm around his shoulder as he bent down and you placed your hand on the back of his head. Kissing the side of his head, you gently swayed side to side.

Sirius, at the age of 16, had lost his earing ability in an accident or so he told everyone – that it was an accident. Only you knew what had happened after he recounted the day with tears in his eyes. He remembered to this day what had happened so vividly. His uncle Alphard had died before his eyes and the last thing he heard was a horrible scream of agony and then he had passed out just to wake up and hope it was nothing but a bad nightmare. His hopes were crushed when James Potter stood next to him and tried to calm him down and promised it will be alright but he couldn't hear any promises just a buzzing sound and only that for, perhaps, the rest of his life.

Sirius always imagined his sixth year to be fun, it was, after all, "sweet sixteen". But it was the worst year of his life. He was disowned almost a month after his parents found out, ashamed of the already disappointment he was claimed to be and when he had sought refugee with the Potters he had thought it would be alright but how wrong he was.

Sirius was just learning to adjust to his new...form; he was learning to identify what people said just by the movement of their lips, which led to something so horrible that he had given away the most secretive of new to Snape. He hadn't talked or heard anyone for so long, was confined to his bed and avoided his best friends.

And then there was a small beam of light in his dark life, he turned seventeen and his friends were back on speaking terms, understanding what had happened. His life progressed peacefully and happily just to reach its peak when he turned twenty; he had met you for the first time and immediately fell in love. He was 25 now, dating you for five, happy, years.

"Puppy?" he asked, suddenly and you saw his eyes filled with tears when he pulled away, "I have never heard your voice,"

His statement brought tears to your eyes and you placed a loving hand against his cheek, "Sirius, please,"

"No, I-I have never heard how you sound," He chuckled and wiped the tear that managed to slip, "I bet your voice is angelic,"

You chuckled although your bottom lip wobbled, "I sound like a dying whale,"

Sirius barked out a laugh and shook his head, holding your hand against his cheek, "No, I'm not taking it. I swear on merlin, it would sound so beautiful," he stared into your beautiful eyes, falling deep into the mesmerising miracle when a thought surfaced his mind.

"I have never heard you say my name, I have never heard you "I love you" to me," He said, his mouthing falling agape and his forehead resting against yours.

A tear slipped both of your eyes. "Sirius," You suddenly wrapped your arms around him, the force making him stumble slightly.

Although Sirius was thankful he didn't hear your sobs and screams but he couldn't help but feel shattered when he realised he wouldn't hear...anything from you. He wouldn't hear your happy "yes" to his request to marry him, he wouldn't hear the determined "I do" when you would stand on the altar holding hands, he wouldn't hear your reply to every "I love you"s he would ever say to you.

"It's okay, Sirius," He saw your lips move, "It's alright. That's not gonna change anything," his eyes watched carefully at your lips that moved at a slow pace to help him. "I still love you and I will always love, it would never change,"

You were the most important person in his life. His number one priority. His world. His love. You would always be there for him when nobody else did.

"I love you," He breathed.

"I love you too," you said, slowly, a tear cascading down your cheeks, as you signed to him.