An unsafe home (S.B)

Sirius Black x Slytherin!Reader

Summary - It's rather stunning for Sirius how the thick rivalling atmosphere Hogwarts held, a sense of unprotected in his very home, and it all reflected when you, the love of his life, was one of the victims.

Warnings - Injuries, blood. 

"Another one," Remus muttered, grimly as his eyes scanned rapidly over the newspaper, ignoring the minimal amount of food he had on his plate.

Sirius sighed, "Who?"

"A muggle-born," James read over Remus' shoulder, discreetly placing two more toasts on his place, "In a muggle town. It's not the worst case, she's been there to meet her parents, and...all of them,"

Sirius winced, "Enough, Remus," he gently pried the newspaper off his best friend's fingers.

"It's growing rapidly," James whispered, "Dunno what's gonna happen next,"

Peter, who sat next to Sirius, shivered. Noticing that Sirius looked at James, subtly shaking his head, asking him to drop the topic.

"Sirius!" A voice called him, happily. He knew the voice way too well for he has heard them rant for hours in the end and he had listened without a hint of annoyance.

Sirius whipped around to look at you, walking towards him with a wide grin, your green robes contrasting amidst the red and yellow on either side. You were different, you were unique and above all you were his. Sirius loved you, loved you more than anything in this world, after all, he had thousands of reasons why.

"Hello," You greeted him with a big smile, almost startling him to think of how lucky he is.

Sirius pulled you into his arms, kissing you softly, as though you would break if a speck of dust fell on you, but both you and Sirius knew that wasn't true but completely opposite. Pulling away, he placed his forehead to yours.

"You guys are so cute," Lily cooed.

Sirius laughed as you buried your head into his shoulder, "I know, Evans,"

"But not as cute as us though," James said, grinning at Lily, who shook her head with a subtle smile on her face.

"I still don't know how I ended up with you, Potter," she said, kissing his cheek.

You glanced at Sirius and then at the two of them and back at him, "I know what you are thinking, darling," He said, and then raised his voice, "You need to stand your point, Evans,"

"Oh, shut it, Black," she rolled her eyes and then laughed.

"Alright, then, ladies and gentlemen," You pulled away from Sirius and held the strap of your bag tightly over your shoulder, "Unlike you seventh years, we have some real studies to do,"

"Well, the sixteen year olds nowadays are real arses, arent they?" Remu commented, smirking at you.

You scoffed, "Trust me, Lupin, you haven't been with a thirteen year old for very long,"

Regulus joined you as you walked to your Potions class, "How are you?"

Remus chuckled, "She's not wrong though," he said to James.

"What the-?" you chuckled at the sudden choice of question.

"Did you complete the potions assignment Slughorn gave?" Regulus asked, skimming through the parchments in his hand.

"Did you?" you asked. Regulus gritted his teeth and shook his head.

You sighed having a vague idea of what might have taken his time. Smiling, you linked your arm with him, "Slughorn loves you, Reg, so, no worries,"