𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 15

It's late

It's late. Quite late but his feet have a mind of their own. They are always impatient at this time around when he starts unwinding for the day, although two am in the morning is a very late pretext to be going to bed. Duties are duties and so is the one where he goes on to check over his responsibility knowing fully well that Vante would have done that already.

But it's his habit, he can't help.

The west wing of the Busan Palace coming into his path now, his eyes wander around as he observes the century old barques and the sculptures on either side of the wide aisle. It's a sight that he was used to seeing everyday when he was around twenty and had been living in the palace.

But now it was a once in a year opportunity for him to get to see the place where he practically grew up with his frat brothers. The flickering of the candle lit lanterns as the breeze through a window crack he assumes sweeps by making him tighten his silk robe a bit more as he comes in the hallway of the guest quarters.

And funnily, he hears a random sound of someone hitting a hand on the wood carved walls, he thinks. The thumping of something on the wall makes him a bit confused as he takes his steps towards the door that he had intended to end up in front. The noise coming from the other side of the door makes him think why is someone hitting a nail on the wall at two am.

His arms extending out to hold the doors he opens it only for a human figure to fall face first on his chest making him hold it before it could fall on the ground. The familiar scent wafting in his nose, his eyebrows screw tighter as he wraps a hand over the shoulder of the said person's and lifts them to properly see the face.

"Rosa..." he sighs seeing the beautiful face of the woman who is asleep and most probably sleep walking again. She must have ended up coming to the door and hit her head on it on not being able to go any further.

"I am sorry I didn't come earlier." He whispers in a slight tone while lifting her sleeping form in his arms and walking back into her sleeping chambers from the sitting lounge of her suite.

All that came back to him as an answer was her soft snores.

His lips tugging up in a smile he caressed the hair away from her face as she stirred in her sleep. Her hands holding the duvet close to her, she reluctantly opened her eyes a bit to see Yoongi in front of her as he stared at her with adoration.

"Oppa?" She whispered softly asking him to confirm that he was actually present for she could be dreaming.

"Yes, my Kriger. I am right here. You can sleep." He said making her nod as she stifled a yawn while hugging his hand that was holding hers.