6. Draw The Line

It was the day of filming for Ying Hao commercial shoot and YuXin was in the studio, following through the filming to make sure everything was in place.

Much to her chagrin, Ying Hao found things to disapprove even though YuXin tried her best to accommodate to his liking.

"What kind of clothes is this?! It doesn't fit my style." He threw the top back to the fashion coordinator who immediately cast a "Help me out" look to YuXin.

"Ying Hao, with your tall stature and one of a kind look, I'm sure you can pull off any type of fashion." YuXin started her bootlicking effort to the maximum, cringing internally.

"Besides, this top is one of a kind by our famous local designer. You're the first one to be wearing this."

Hearing YuXin's words and her sincere look, Ying Hao smirked and nodded his head. "Yeah. I mean there's no clothes I can't  pull off."

"That's right! " YuXin quickly picked up the top and lead him to the changing room. "I'm sure you will look great."

After quelling the little ancestor, the shoot proceeded well without much delay and they managed to complete 50% of the shoot well within the allocated time.

.

Kun glanced at his watch after the meeting and asked the marketing manager,"How's Ying Hao's shoot today?"

"There seemed to be a small hiccup about the outfit but it's been resolved. It should be progressing according to plan."

"Mmn. Let's drop by to check in on the progress. We can't afford to delay this project any longer." Kun stood up and headed right down to the recording studio with manager Kim  following closely behind.

The prior peaceful studio was now in a frenzy with Ying Hao's booming voice filling up the studio while the rest of the staff tried to appease him.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" he glared at the fashion coordinator and pointed to the red scratch on his neck. "If this is permanent how are you going to be responsible for it?!"

At this point, the fashion coordinator was on the brink of tears and apologised profusely, bowing her head to 90 degrees.

"Executive Liu, what's going on?" manager Kim asked as she saw YuXin rushing in to the studio with a first aid kit.

"Our fashion coordinator accidentally scratched Ying Hao's neck with the necklace. I'll handle it." YuXin replied quickly and rushed into the studio.

She walked towards Ying Hao and talked to him calmly, "Ying Hao. Let me check on your wound and clean it first alright? We need to make sure you are alright."

He stared at YuXin for a moment and nodded with an annoyed look, tilting his head to the side for YuXin to have better access to his wound.

YuXin placed her hand carefully on his shoulder and used a cotton swab with disinfectant to clean the wound before applying a thin layer of antiseptic on it. She pursed her lips together and blew gently to dry the wound.

"Luckily the scratch isn't deep." YuXin rested her hands on her knees, continuing to bend her back and looked at Ying Hao. "I understand that it is uncomfortable for you right now. If you'd like we can reschedule the shoot but if you think you're able to carry on, we will continue with the shoot." YuXin looked at Ying Hao with a sincere gaze, failing to notice his ears slowly reddening.

He quickly averted his gaze and cleared his throat."I'll continue under one condition."

He lifted up his index finger and pointed straight at YuXin. "I want you to replace the fashion coordinator."

YuXin released a deep breath of relief and smiled, "Of course. I'll make sure everything goes well."

Kun had been standing at the entrance of the studio with manager Kim observing the situation. When he saw the distinct change of attitude of Ying Hao towards YuXin, he felt a slow brewing jealousy within. What the heck, since when this kind of little puppy idol is interested in big sister.

Kun closed his eyes and calmed himself down before turning to manager Kim and said, "I think YuXin got it under control. Let's go."

.

"How's the shoot today?" Kun tilted his head to YuXin's direction briefly before focusing on the road again.

"Busy. Chaotic. But manageable. We managed to keep to the schedule."

"That's all?" Kun pressed on further.

"Mmn. Ying Hao was rather cooperative. He had a small nicked on his neck but its nothing serious."

"You.." Kun stopped himself. It was hard to draw the line between being the professional superior and being someone who's secretly in love with YuXin. How could he just blurt out what he truly felt towards YuXin working so closely with Ying Hao and even blowing on his wound. That's supposed to be something you can only do for me! Kun shouted internally.

In the end, he simply nodded his head and said firmly, "As long as we keep the working relationship professional with Ying Hao, it'd be alright."

The next day, Kun visited the studio when the shoot was about to wrap up. This time round though, he made his presence known and walked over to the director, observing the shoot closely.

After the director wrapped up the shoot, Kun went forth to introduce himself to Ying Hao. "Nice to meet you Ying Hao, thank you for your hard work the past few days. I'm the Managing Director Cai Xukun, you can call me Kun." He extended his hand with a professional smile, gripping on Ying Hao's hand firmer than usual and gave it a good shake.

"I hope everything went well during the shoot."

Ying Hao glanced towards YuXin quickly and nodded. "Well things were alright overall."

Noticing him flicking his eyes towards YuXin, Kun took a deep breath and nodded, "Executive Liu has been managing things well here I see. That's good to know. Well, I look forward to having more collaboration with you in the future."

No matter how much Kun wants to confront and warn this 1.9 metre tall lad in front of him to stop any wry ideas he has towards YuXin, he didn't. He can't. Not when he's the heir of the company. Yet, that unhappiness continues to linger within him and couldn't be quelled even till he's back at YuXin's home for supper.

Picking up a piece of slice beef with her chopstick, YuXin placed it in Kun's bowl and looked at Kun who's currently chewing his food quietly.

"What's wrong? Did anything happen at work?" YuXin's gentle voice woke Kun up from his daze and he shook his head.

"It's nothing."

YuXin put down her chopsticks and swept away Kun's fringe that was covering his forehead and replied, "Do you know you have the habit of knitting your brows together when something is on your mind?"

She placed her fingers in between his brows and smoothed the crease gently. "Is there anything I can help?"

Yes. Stop being so close to other guys, especially that 1.9 metres tall idol who's all looks and no brain.

Kun shook his head and mustered a smile, "I'm alright. Just that my shoulder's sore after working in front of the computer for the whole day."

What Kun didn't realise was that his excuse led to another unexpected agony.