28. Behave Yourself Properly

"Hey, are you alright?" Ying Hao questioned YuXin while she was helping him put on his outerwear for the shoot. He noticed how she seemed a little more frazzled than usual and consciously avoiding the stares of her managing director who's currently sitting under the shade with other assistants, observing the shoot.

Ying Hao could sense Kun's stare directed at their direction every time YuXin came over to help him and judging by how she's reacting, it seemed like they had some disagreement.

YuXin nodded her head quietly and adjusted the collar of Ying Hao's shirt when he placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her a slight squeeze of encouragement.

Lowering his head next to her face, he whispered in a low voice. "Did you get scolded by your director? I heard from Kai he was in your room earlier, is everything okay?"

After working on several collaborations with YuXin, Ying Hao had come to be on a rather friendly term with her. He admired her professionalism at work and she treated the rest of the staff with kindness and politeness whenever they work. It wasn't just him who felt this way, most of the staff enjoyed working with YuXin.

YuXin eyes shot wide open with surprise at the information he shared and she looked up at Ying Hao, shaking her head vehemently with a face slowly turning red, "No.. I'm okay. I didn't get scolded."

"Okay. You're all set."She tapped on his shoulder lightly and walked off before he could say anything more.

When he turned around, he felt a cold shiver down his spine and thought he caught Kun staring straight at him with a cold glare. When he blinked his eyes again, the cold glare was already replaced by a professional smile.

Am I seeing things?  Ying Hao shook his head and pulled his thoughts back before resuming to shoot for the commercial.

.

After the shoot in the morning, the director called for a break and the staff started scattering off around the filming area, finding a spot to eat their bento. YuXin was also about to do the same when Kun walked up to her and said, "YuXin, let's have lunch together."

The moment their eyes met, YuXin face started to blush uncontrollably as the image of the exchange between her and Kun in the morning come up in her mind.

"Executive Liu, can I have a moment to discuss the next shoot later?" Kai, the producer called out to her and she nodded her head in response.

"I'll settle some work. You can go ahead and eat first." She replied Kun quickly and went off towards Kai's direction.

As the two iron out the details of the shoot later, Kai handed a bento to YuXin and motioned her to eat up. "Sorry for taking up your time during lunch."

The two of them sat at the corner of the indoor studio, eating their lunch while engaging in their discussion on the shoot.

"I didn't know the managing director is coming for this shoot." Kai said in between their meals. "

"Umm.. It was a last minute decision. He just wants to oversee how the shoot is coming along." YuXin explained sheepishly with her made up excuse.

"I see. Let's hope things are going according to his expectation." Kai heaved a sigh and smiled at YuXin, giving her a pat on her arm before walking over to the videographers.

On the second half of the shoot, YuXin stood beside Kai to observe the recording and running through the details, lowering their voice in whisper and leaning closer to each other to prevent any disruption to the shoot.

Meanwhile, Kun who was seated beside the director, found himself glaring subconsciously at the two, his expression turning darker by the minute.

When the shoot was wrapping up for the day, YuXin overheard the chatters from the other staff.

"Director Cai seemed to be in a bad mood."

"Did we not do things up to his expectation? I feel like I'm about to die from anxiety whenever I see the cold frown on his face."

"Should we ask Executive Liu to see if we're on the right track?"

"What would you like to ask me?" YuXin stepped in and patted the shoulder of the staff, causing her to gasp in surprise when she turned her head around.

"Executive Liu.. Umm, we were just.."

"It's okay, you can just tell me." YuXin flashed a reasurring smile and the staff nodded and continued.

"We were just wondering if the shoot was okay. Director Cai doesn't seem to be happy.."

Patting the staff on her shoulder, YuXin replied warmly, "Don't worry, the shoot is fine. I'll talk to Director Cai."

.

YuXin closed her room door beside her and turned to face Kun with her arms folded and a serious frown etched on her face.

Kun, who was preparing to confront her about earlier was now taken aback by her  angry stance as he took a step back. Clearly she wasn't in her best mood and Kun could figure out what it was about.

"Cai Xukun. What is wrong with you today? You're scaring the rest of the employees." YuXin huffed angrily, forgetting the shyness that she had earlier in the day.

Right now she's focused on getting an answer from her director who's been terrorising the group with his bad mood.

Realising his error, Kun immediately clutched on to YuXin's hand and apologised profusely with a sad puppy pout on his face. "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry. I swear I won't act this way again."

Seeing his poor puppy look, YuXin's anger slowly quelled she felt her heart soften yet again. It wasn't like she could stay angry at Kun for a long time to begin with.

Sighing she pinched his cheek with a frown that she thought was intimidating and warned, "Behave yourself properly, if not I will ban you from coming to my work site next time."