33. I Know I Am Right.

Silence engulfed the car as the couple sat in each others presence without a word, both not knowing what to say after being grilled by Kun's mother on the prospect of having a grandchild.

Kun was sure that his mother was just joking. I mean, is she really? The way she said it with such a straight face made Kun doubt his initial thought again.

Finally, he broke the silence and cleared his throat. "So? What do you think?"

"Hmm?" She turned towards him with a brows raised.

Kun spared a quick glance at her and continued. "You know.. What my mom said."

YuXin's face flushed immediately and she quickly look away from Kun, blinking her eyes nervously.

"I.. I.."

Chuckling Kun reach his hand and ruffled YuXin's hair messily. "Silly, don't worry about it, my mom is just joking."

.

YuXin was busy trying to coordinate the shoot in the studio when Kun arrived together with Yun Ying to check in on the status of the shoot.

Holding up a cup of milk tea in his hand, Kun greeted the rest of the crew swiftly before making his way over to YuXin who was still focusing her attention on her folder.

"Hmm.. Should I be angry that my girlfriend didn't notice me or should I be angry as a boss that my employee didn't greet me." Kun tilted his head to the side with a wry smile as YuXin looked up with a look of surprise on her face.

Her lips stretched to a smile as Kun handed over the milk tea to her. Beside him, Yun Ying rolled her eyes at Kun's childish act and handed a paper bag with a tiramisu in it.

"YuXin, thank you for coordinating the shoot." She smiled warmly at YuXin as the latter accepted the cake shyly.

"Thank you Ms Yun, our producer for the shoot had just stepped away for a moment. I'll introduce him to you when he's back."

"It's okay to call me by my name." Yun Ying replied.

"My employee maintains the utmost professionalism." Kun nodded tersely before turning to YuXin, "Call her Ms Yun."

Yun Ying could see through his poor excuse, knowing that's just him being the jealous boyfriend and decided to leave it.

Smiling obliviously to the both who's having a weird internal battle, YuXin lifted her brows when she spotted Kai and waved her hand to catch his attention.

"Kai, over here!"

The smile on Kai's face froze for a brief moment when he saw Yun Ying and he quickly collected himself before walking over to them.

Clearing his throat he stood beside YuXin while she introduced him to Yun Ying.

"Ms Yun, this is Kai, our video producer. He's quite an extensive portfolio aside from our collaboration so you don't have to worry about the quality of the end product."

Turning to Kai, YuXin introduced Yun Ying to him. "This is Ms Yun, our partner company for this project."

Kai reached his hand out for a handshake and flashed a professional smile. "Nice to meet you Ms Yun, I hope my work is up to your standard."

Yun Ying was seemingly flustered the moment she saw Kai and she managed to extend her hand out, deliberating if she should say something when Kai shook her hand quickly and excused himself.

.

Noticing YuXin picking on her food absentmindedly, Kun asked with a worried frown "YuXin, what's wrong?" 

Sighing, she tilted her head to the side and pouted her lips a little, "There's something wrong with Kai today." 

Placing down her utensils, she looked up at Kun and continued, "He was so distracted after meeting you and Ms Yun.." 

"Liu YuXin, are you thinking of another man while having dinner with your own boyfriend?" Kun corked his brows up and folded his arms together. 

"Aiya, what are you thinking.." She kicked Kun's leg lightly under the table and chuckled. "I think Kai and Ms Yun know each other." 

She sat up with her face lit up with a smile, "Maybe Kai is interested in Ms Yun, that must be it!" 

With a wry smile on his face, Kun scoffed and reached out to pinch YuXin's cheek lightly. "What do you know about love, you century old wood. You didn't even notice my feelings for you and now you are acting all knowledgeable?" 

Scrunching up her nose in disagreement, YuXin retorted, "I know I am right. I'll prove it to you." Somehow seeing how Kun shot down her idea made her want to prove to him otherwise. She wasn't about to just let it go without finding out more. After all, she would be seeing Kai pretty often for the remaining shoot. 

Kun nodded like an endearing father and placated his girlfriend, "Yes yes, now hurry up and eat up before the food gets cold." He placed a piece of chicken on her bowl with a smile. 

.

"I've ordered a matcha latte for you." Yun Ying said as YuXin sat down on the seat opposite of her.

"Thank you Ms Yun." YuXin nodded with a slight smile.

"Please, call me Yun Ying. You make me sound like a 30 year old woman."

"Okay.. Yun Ying.." YuXin replied meekly.

"YuXin.. I know this is very presumptuous of me but I have a favour." Yun Ying asked with a sincere gaze.

 Smiling at Yun Ying, YuXin replied. "It's regarding Kai?"

Yun Ying nodded with a sad smile as she placed her hair behind her ear. "I didn't expect I'd be able to see him again."