Chapter : 3

Rajkumari Tapti is strolling along the streets of Agraban Market which is flooded with people buying and selling all sorts of things ranging from food grains to bangles and jewelry and many more things, she stopped at a spice shop and was examining spices when she realized that a young man in turban whose face was covered with cloth except for eyes was following her from long time she was about go towards him when there was sudden chaos in the market all the people started running here and there she saw two horses had gone out of control and were now attacking people. Her sight fell on a boy who fell down while running who was hardly four to five years old, he was not able to move from his place while one horse was charging in his direction Rajkumari Tapti without thinking twice leaped forward and rolled him with her to safe side, in the meanwhile the second horse also came in that direction and was about to attack Rajkumari Tapti but she was saved by the young man following her. He stopped the horse before it could hurt Rajkumari Tapti by gripping it's forelegs and pushing it back.

The first horse was about to attack the young man from behind when Rajkumari Tapti stopped it by pulling it's lead rope, now Rajkumari Tapti and the young man are very carefully and skillfully tackling the horses unknown to the fact that they were being watched by Maharaja Bhanu Pratap and Raja Mahadev Rao themselves. After a little more struggle both Rajkumari Tapti and the young man were successful in making the horse clam down, seeing this Maharaj Bhanu Pratap and Raja Mahadev Rao  both felt proud they both looked at each other and smiled as if speaking in some sign language and went away from there.

Tapti got down from the horse and  searched for the young man to thank him but he was no where to be found. Agra Market's air soon filled with the voices rejoicing "Rajkumari Tapti ki Jai Ho ...... Rajkumari Tapti ki Jai ho "

(Long live Princess Tapti)

Bidding farewell to people she went straight to the palace where Sumitra Bai Ji was waiting for her impatiently. On seeing Princess Tapti entering palace in clothes filled with soil from top to bottom Sumitra Bai Ji's  anger knew no bounds "Lajja  nahi aati Agraban ki galliyo meh yu sare aam aapni maan nilam karti fhir rahi hai.... Aapka yeh galati bardash nahi kijaye gi  aur iska apko dand milega.... Rajkumari Tapti samajh rahi hai na aap !! "

( Don't you have and shame left in you that you are roaming in streets of Agraban market like an idiot.....your this offense is out of tolerance now....you would be punished for this....are you getting Princess what am I saying)

Rajkumari Tapti was not able to speak any explaination seeing her wrath so simply nodded in affirmation ready to get her punishment. Sumitra Bai Ji was about announce the punishment when Sandhya the personal maid of Sumitra Bai Ji came in running " Hastakshep ke liye kshma  chahungi Rajmata.... "

(Sorry to interrupt mother of King  )
When Sumitra Bai Ji signalled her to continue she said " Rani Godavari Bai Ji is very much angry... "
Before she could finish her sentence Sumitra Bai Ji turned towards Rajkumari Tapti "You may go to your room now and for your punishment I would tell you later... "

Saying so she turned to go towards Rani Godavari Bai Ji's Palace.

After getting scolded by her Nani Ji (Mother's mother) Rajkumari Tapti made her way out to her room she went to Snan ghar  (Royal Bathroom) and got freshen up. As she was being bored in her room she decided to visit her sister Rajkumari Trupti.

She passed the large galleries of the palace and was so much mesmerized by the beautiful paintings and statues that she took the wrong turn and walked into a familiar but unfamiliar room it was very large with high ceiling with floral patterns were carved on it. Rajkumari Tapti's trance was disturbed by a deep manly but sweet voice "Aap yaha kya kar rahi hai?? " (What are you doing here) Rajkumari Tapti turned only to see a young man shuffling his hair with fingers while looking in the mirror he had dark wheatish complexion  and was only wearing a towel like coth from his waist, Rajkumari Tapti shying turned around quickly " What are you doing here and that to in this condition?? " She questioned back.

"Hmm... What is this logic... It's my room.. I can stay however I want... I don't have to answer your any question ok... " Replied the young man.

" How can this be possible.... This is my sister's room.. Who are you... And what are you doing here? " Rajkumari Tapti again questioned. Before the young man could answer an attendee came and said "Rajkumar Ripudaman ki Jai Ho.... Rani Godavari Bai Ji neh aapko shigrah unke Kaksh meh aane ki aagya  diyi hai"

(May the  good fortune of  Prince be always high.... Rani Godavari Bai Ji has asked your presence in her chamber immediately)

After delivering the message the attendee bowed and went away.
"So I think you got the satisfactory answer to your questions Rajkumari... Now may I have your leave... " Rajkumar Ripudaman got ready in no time an left for his mother's chamber.

Now a realization dawned on Rajkumari Tapti that she had landed in wrong chamber when she was about to leave her sight fell on the cloth laying on the bed it was the same cloth that the young man who saved her had worn. Making a mental note to thank him later she made her way out.

Sumitra Bai Ji along with Maharani Mahanandini Bai Ji entered the chamber at the same time, where Rani Godavari Bai Ji flounced herself in her chamber and settled herself on her seat she was shaking with anger
"What does he thinks of himself?? Let him come now... "
She spoke to herself angrily. Before Sumitra Bai Ji or Maharani Mahanandini Bai Ji  could understand or speak something Rajkumar Ripudaman entered the chamber.

He took blessings from Sumitra Bai Ji and Maharani Mahanandini Bai Ji  and then went to his mother.
Touching his mother's feet "Ashirwad dijiye" (Give me your blessings) he said in a merry tone as if not knowing anything what was going on. Rani Godavari Bai Ji also just placed her on his head.

"Don't you dare to talk with.... For how many times do I have to make you understand.... Why do you always do such things?? " Rani Godavari Bai Ji's voice from anger turned towards sobs

"What have I done Ma Saheb?? Why are you always worrying about me... I am an adult now... I can manage myself on my own... " Replied Rajkumar Ripudaman politely.

"Yes... I know how much responsible you have become.... Without informing anybody... You went out of the fort and that to in civil clothes, without any security... You know how much danger is there outside nowadays.... If something would have happened to you than.... What was I going to answer to your father !!! " Questioned Rani Godavari Bai Ji angrily.
After all she was just alike any other mother concerned for her son's safety.

"You don't need to answer me about anything Bai Ji.... As we very well know where they were and what were they doing!! " Raja Mahadev Rao declared entering the chamber with Maharaj Bhanu Pratap. They all exchanged formal greetings with each other.

"Raja Ji who is the second person you are referring to? " Questioned Maharani Mahanandini Bai Ji. To which Maharaj Bhanu Pratap answered "He is referring about our daughter Rajkumari Tapti... " He said proudly.

"What about her? " Questioned a protective and worried Sumitra Bai Ji this time.

Maharaj Bhanu Pratap and Raja Mahadev Rao  narrated the whole story of what had happened in the Agraban Market. Rajkumari Tapti entered the chamber at the same time as she was summoned there by Maharaja Bhanu Pratap before only.

"We are very proud for both of you today.... Whatever you both did today by showing your presence of mind at same time was commendable.... And so We have decided to award you both for this heroic act... " Said a proud father Maharaj Bhanu Pratap.

"Really Dajiraj  (father) you are so sweet!! " Said Rajkumari Tapti gleefully just like a small child only to get death like stares from her Nani Ji while Maharani Mahanandini and Rani Godavari smiled at each other, Rajkumar Ripudaman chuckled inwardly saying to himself "You can never grow up chanda (moon) ".