Chapter : 6

The main entrance gates of Agraban fort seemed to be closing. Yuvraj Veer Bhanu shot a glance on the outer walls of the fort soldiers were taking their positions and ready for the attack.

"Suraj Ji go and check what's happening and inform them that we have arrived." Yuvraj Veer Bhanu ordered one of his commander.

The Princess of Ajmer came out from her chain of thoughts as her palanquin stopped. She glanced out to see what was happening, to her suprise the soldiers on the walls of the fort were armed and in position to attack, before she could understand what was happening a small unit of soldiers  marched out of the fort towards them alarmed she clenched the kattar (a small knife) on her waist ready to defend herself in case of attack.

A sigh of relief washed over her as the unit surrounding them lead them into the fort under their security. As soon as the unit enters the fort the gates are closed again immediately. The royals were present there. Maharaj Bhanu Pratap Singh turning his back over them went away with all others following them.

"Greetings Yuvraj I am asked to take  Chhoti dulhan  in safe chamber while you are required at the strategy room " informed Lali personal maid of Maharani Mahanandini.

Lali making way from the floods of women and children was followed by the new bride. Silence spread by for a moment as the Princess took her seat and then murmur started spreading by.

"Sundari what is going on over here ?" Enquired Ajmer Princess.
"Bai Ji some dakiets have attacked the holy pilgrimage and Rajkumari Trupti younger sister of Yuvraj and her husband were there at that time and now it is likely that they will attack here also" informed Sundari.

"Aren't there any other ladies from the Royal family over here ?" Princess enquired further.

"Bai Ji all the other Royal Ladies are in strategy room with Maharaj we are asked to keep you here safe ...." Explained Lali.

******

After discussing the defence plan all of them came out of the strategy room to the courtyard of the fort. Ajmer Princess could not longer stay in the room came out to the courtyard where, Yuvraj Veer Bhanu was giving instructions to the soldiers when a soldier informed
"Hukum Rajkumari Trupti along with her assistants has entered the fort from the secret passage and is coming here."

Rajkumari Trupti came running in the courtyard her hair disheveled, clothes stain with mud and heavy breathing from running. Hugging Yuvraj Veer she began to cry.

After being pacified by her brother Rajkumari Trupti narrated the whole incident.
"I want my baby back Bhai .... Please bring my baby back" Rajkumari Trupti begged him.

"Clam down ..... Trupti clam down have faith in your Babhi Ji ..... have faith in her promise..... Nothing will happen to the baby....Trust me" Yuvraj Veer Bhanu assured her.

Ajmer Princess was left wondering that what is in the Yuvragni that her husband was putting so much trust in her then going and searching her and the baby.

Yuvraj Veer Bhanu was inquiring about the situation from other soldiers and mounting on his horse  when another soldier came in running and informed.

"Hukum some one is coming in our direction"

Yuvraj Veer Bhanu quickly climbed the watchtower with the help of binoculars saw a horse rider coming towards the fort. His heart skipped beats seeing the rider coming towards the fort.

At once he ordered "Open the gates Yuvragni is coming"

Arunika Bai Ji's horse slowly enters the gates as they are closing behind the horse moves forward, clothes stained with mud, sweat and blood, her duppata was not in its place, hair disheveled, her one hand was holding the lead rope while the other hand was very carefully holding the precious treasure, a promise given to a mother, the baby boy cuddled in his sleep.

The crowd cheered in happiness
"Yuvragni ki Jai Ho....... Yuvragni ki Jai Ho "

As the horse moved forward the crowd behind him went silent, murmuring and gasping started. The cheers went silent when the horse reached the courtyard where the Royal Family was waiting.

Yuvragni unmounted the horse carefully, slowly limping on her left leg came towards the Royal Family and placed the bundle of joy in the hands of the grieving mother. Rajkumari Trupti's happiness knew no bounds when she took her baby boy in her hands the baby opened the eyes and smiled widely at his mother. Rajkumari Trupti inspected her baby but true to Yuvragni's promise not a single scratch was there.

Giving baby to his mother Yuvragni turned towards Yuvraj Veer Bhanu with a wide smile on her face. The smile had a sence of satisfaction for Yuvragni while for Yuvraj it was sign of something bad coming on its way.

Before he could say or understand anything else Arunika Bai Ji slumped down when he caught her in time. He was on his keens while Arunika Bai Ji was laying on his lap with her face down. Warm liquid touched his fingers as his eyes register the reason why the crowd was silent on seeing their Yuvragni.

Hi guys here's another update

What do you think has happened?

Please do write your views in comments .

Please do read vote share and comment if you enjoy it.