chapter 1. leadership

Y/n is a private in the imperial army. His squad is sent to destroy a cell of rebels on a forest moon.   Little did Y/n know what this battle would do for him.

When the star destroyer  hovers over the moon. Suddenly it's systems malfunction.  This causes it to go crashing down to the surface.   

Y/n was knocked unconscious.  He wakes up outside the wreckage of the ship. He can hear blasterfire all around him.

He shakes himself awakes and gets up, grabbing his blaster. But he can't find his helmet.

He runs to see a group of troopers pinned down by rebels.  He rushes to join the firefight.  He shoots two rebels down as he goes into cover.

Y/n: Who is in charge?!

Stormtrooper: We don't know! All the communications are down!

Y/n: Damnit! 

Y/n looked around. He saw a hill.

Y/n: We need to get above the rebels. Two of you get up there and into sniping positions!

Stormtrooper: Who put you in charge?!

Stormtrooper 2: You got a better idea?!

Two stormtroopers listened to Y/n's command.

Y/n: I need two of you to flank right! The rest of you, push up with me!  

The charge was effect with the flanking maneuver.  The group moved on to find more troopers pinned down by another band of rebels.

Y/n: Move to flank around the left! We need to confuse them.

The stormtroopers listened and flanked the rebels from their left side.  The rebels got confused and were shot down.

The two groups linked up and moved forward. Listening to Y/n's commands. 

They managed to push to a rebel base. 

Y/n: We need to secure the base and establish a fob.  Spread out, we'll hit them on one side with fast speed.

The troopers waited till they got close to the base and the unsuspecting rebels.   The troopers opened fire and shot many rebels down before they could even pick up their blasters.

After a five minute firefight, the base was secured.

The troopers scrambled to find some working communication equipment. But only found one source of communication.

The rebels weren't even communicating with their own members. They were so organized that they all knew what they needed to do. They definitely didn't think someone like Y/n would reorganize the survivors. 

More survivors came to the beacon made with the communication equipment they found.  Only a few officers remained, and none of them skilled enough to lead this big of an operation with little supplies.

Y/n began to organize the defense. Moving troops into defensive positions.   Y/n knew the rebels would want their base back once they realized what was going on. 

The fighting began for the base.  And the rebels were losing.  The survivors began to outnumber the rebels. And things were looking well. Until one rebel went out in front of the others. And ignited a lightsaber.

Y/n: Jedi?!

The troopers began firing on the jedi. But the jedi deflected the bolts right back at the troopers. Y/n noticed this.

Y/n: Focus fire on the rebels! Keep light fire on the jedi to keep him still. 

With Y/n's command more and more rebels began dying. The Jedi charged and jumped into the base. 

Two troopers fired at the jedi. The jedi force pushed them away. 

Y/n got in close and pushed the jedi against the wall. Y/n grab a hold of both of the jedi's wrists. This restricted the movement of the jedi.  Y/n delivered headbutt after headbutt to the jedi. Eventually the jedi was stunned. Y/n wrestled the lightsaber out of the jedi's hands and tossed it aside. 

Y/n punched the jedi a few times. Before pulling out his pistol and shooting the jedi in the head, killing him.

The jedi falls to the floor dead.   Soon the rest of the rebels die.

A few hours later. Another star destroyer arrives to pick them up.   

Nobody  forgot that Y/n is the reason they survived that encounter.  For that, Y/n was promoted to the rank of Colonel. The reason being that he lead without any communications and saved many lives which would have been lost otherwise, plus the killing of a jedi. 

Y/n is also to receive the order of Valak medal. And must go to Coruscant to receive it.   Before that he is given the blizzard cross.

He arrives on Coruscant and is given the medal by the emperor himself.  But that was just the beginning of  his adventure.  He had no clue of his new assignment. It was to the 501st.

This means that'd he'd be under the direct command of lord Vader. 

His first assignment as Colonel would be to a space station owned by slavers.