Rift (part 1)

A thorn has embedded itself in the gap between dimensions, allowing us to travel through realities. We made it through the rift about a year ago, we have better resources, and humans can now live up to 145 years old. Of course, this dimension has life, we haven't seen any humans though. Their structures and other inventions were here, seems they disappeared without a trace. Where could they have gone...? Their artifacts tell of a giant monster who will in the future eat them all, makes sense. 

...

   Wait, what is that outside the window? It looks like one of those pillars that randomly pop up. I shrugged it off, they appear out of nowhere on my Earth so why wouldn't they on this one? I decide to go back through the rift. I enter the tear, and it brings me...somewhere, where am I? I look back at where the rift opened, it was gone.

...That's not good...

   I quickly take out my phone and try calling the research station, no answer. I look around again, the sky was covered by clouds, mountains everywhere, and the air was in an odd way, normal. I settle down, no grass, all rocky, no buildings in sight, no wind either. What the heck...? I turn around, and a gigantic black tower is suddenly there. Well, it looked more like a pillar than an actual tower. It seemed to stretch out for miles, and the circular top even surpassed the clouds. 

   I look around again, more of them appear. I guess I'm stuck here...Where am I? What time is it? What year is it? Do the stations even know where I am? All I can do is sit, and wait. My only friends being the giant pillar-towers. It is...extremely lonely