• 🥫🐾 | boring, boring day

Caregiver: david
Little: max

Disclaimer: this oneshot might be a bit boring then the others, since there's no angst whatsoever and it's just a boring day as it says in the title. Enjoy nonetheless if you are gonna continue to read!

"Well isn't this fun, campers?!" David said as he did his usual jumpy walk around everyone. Everyone seemed to be busy doing their own thing though; nikki was climbing the trees and chasing after a badger, Neil was coding his computer, nerf was forcing Harrison to give him money and show him tricks. So no one was really paying attention to David at all, or his silly little jump dance and his excited speeches. But max did. He was sitting on a bench watching him, certainly not amused but he wasn't aposed either.

"So.. you brought out the hose and expected all of us to just jump around in the water like rats?" He smirked as he watched David holdings the hose above nerris. "Yes! Children love hoses right?" He asked as he sprayed nerris with the hose. "Uhh.. sure?" Max replied as he rolled his eyes. Nerris screamed and ran off to their hideout because the water was too cold. Their hideout was actually just a huge card board castle they made during arts and crafts day. It looks ragid on the outside but on the inside it was genuinely beautiful and you could sleep in it if you really wanted to, it seemed comfy enough.

"What about you max? Would you like to get wet kiddo?" Max shook his head and waved his hand at it. "I would rather not freeze to death, thanks." He rolled his eyes again and walked off to sit next to Neil and Nikki. He sat next to them and immediately noticed that Neil seemed off. "What's up with you idiot?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "God. Shut up max, I don't have the time right now. Go nother Nikki , I'm trying to figure out this coding password." Max was shocked but he masked it well enough. He scooted over to Nikki and tried to make conversation but she seemed annoyed and upset too. "What's up nik-" Nikki shushed him and looked around.

"No max , wait. I'm trying to find where this badger went and I need absolute quiet." She said as she hid under the table and scratched his ear with her leg. There she goes. Well, both his friends were busy and seemed to he doing their own things. He had no one else to talk to. He walked over to nerris's castle and knocked on the door. He never hung out of with them but he was bored, so. Nerris opened the door with an eyebrow raised. They were extremely confused. "What do YOU want max?" They asked as they scratched their head. "Well I was bored and I just wan-" nerris shook their head. "No! Thank you sorry!" They slammed the door in his face.

Okay. That hurt a bit. Okay it hurt a lot. No one wanted to hang out with them? What If everyone was doing this on purpose ? Ok sure maybe Neil seemed busy , and Nikki had her badger thing.. but nerris seemed like they just wanted to be away from him. What did he do? Maybe he just needed to try someone else? Yeah. He'll do that. He walked over to Harrison and sat down on the grass next to him. "oh.. uh.. hello max? I'm trying out new tricks so I'd appreciate it if you left me alone. I also barely know you.. so it's kinda awkward.. you know? Yeahhh.." he said as he scooted away and continued counting his cards. Max didn't even get a word out and Harrison wanted him gone? Jeez.

He nodded and walked off. He knew that it wasn't anyone's fault that they didn't want to hang out with them because they all seemed busy with their own things, but he still felt a bit lonely. He walked over to David and huffed as he realized he had to confess he didn't like being alone and wanted to hang out with his da- no. Nope. He wasn't gonna slip right now. Not in front of all these people. He would hold it in till he saw David. Just a couple steps to David and gwens cabin. He could do it.. hopefully. He knocked on David's cabin, barely hanging onto his maturity. "Max! Where's your buddies?" He asked as he bent down to be face to face with him. "They're busy. I don't know. Just let me in."

"Oh sure max! Come on in! We aren't doing anything important except doing a puzzle. It'll probably be boring so you can watch us or read some books from the shelf while we play." Gwen finally found the middle piece she was looking for and slammed it into place with pride. Yeah this was boring. He grabbed his face and stretched it as he fell back into the bed. He kicked off his shoes and took off his hoodie. He wanted to get into some comfy little clothes now. He walked over to Davids drawer and pulled out his bear onesie that he usually wore before bed. It was quite early so maybe he shouldn't wear it.. but he wanted to be comfortable. Oh well. He went into the bathroom and slipped into his onesie. In an instant he felt small.

He waddled out of the room and waddled over to David. He tugged on his pants leg and whined. "Max! Hey buddy? You small?" He smiled as he picked him up and sat him in his lap. Max kept trying to eat the puzzle pieces so they had to put away the puzzle and do it another time. David sat down on the floor with max and began coloring with him. "daddy gimme red please." Max said as he took a sip out of his sippy cup. "Here buddy." David handed him the red and watched him as he colored. "You're so good at this kiddo! You're coloring in the lines too and you're so little!" Max enjoyed the praise. It made him feel safe. Once he was done he showed the coloring page to David and smiled when David hung it up on his door.