ONE

i wake up to the sound of my alarm on my phone blaring in my ear. i groan as i flip my body and turn off the stupid noise and flip back over. my dad bursts into my room, flying the door open. "hey sweetie rise and shineee! first day of your senior year of high school!" he opens my curtains, revealing the annoying bright sun shine in on my face. i shove my face into the pillow and groan before my father rips the overs off of me. "come on hun you gotta get up" i finally sit up and give him a pouty face before he just smiles and i couldn't help but smile back.

"dad i'm 18 you don't need to wake me up anymore." i yawn and rub my eyes awake.

"it seems like i do you were still rolling over!"

first day of school without my mom. she had passed away last year around christmas time. car crash, icy roads. i didn't drive for 3 months. too fucking scared. my little sister, rachel, it really hurt her the most. she's starting her freshman year today. god i feel so bad for her. she was a pain in my ass and we fought but we always forgave each other within twenty minutes. my dad, he was a really kind man. he's a lawyer, some boring crap i don't ask him about because i don't understand it. i was surprised that my dad didn't turn to like alcoholism or drug addiction after my mom died. i read up all about it, how spouses can never recover from the death of their long term significant other, but i like to think he did it for me and my sister. i would never know for sure though.

my dad walks out of my room, only after letting me know he bought donuts for us. that got me up for sure. after he closes my door i sit all the way up and reach over to the drawer on my bed side table and get out my juul. i'm a high schooler, of course i have one. i hit it a few times, get that morning buzz, and finally get up. i splash my face with some ice cold water and dry it off. i look at myself in the mirror. my messy hair, puffy morning face, shirt that practically went down to my knees. i brush my hair and put on some mascara. i slip off my shirt and put on a cute shirt and some black leggings. i scrunch up my hair and run around my bed to rip my phone from the charger and look at the time. 7:40.

shit

school started at 8 and it was at least 15 minutes away. i put my juul in my bra, twist my hair up in a claw clip and pull out some extra pieces quickly and run downstairs with my backpack slung over one shoulder.

my dad is pouring a cup of black coffee into his to-go cup before he swiftly grabs his briefcase and kisses my sister then me on the cheek. "i'm late honey and you are too. you guys gonna be okay?"

"yes dad!" me and rach both say simultaneously.

"okay. go kill it. i love you both!" he holds up a thumbs up before he walks out the door. i stick a donut in my mouth before i drag rachel out of her chair and into my subaru. i pull out of the driveway and practically speed to school.

"y/n?" rach asks sitting in the front seat.

"yeah?"

"is high school scary?"

"no! rach you have nothing to be worried about. you're gonna make some awesome new friends in no time. plus you have a super cool senior sister" i casually throw in. my sister laughs a little through her teeth.

we eventually drive to maine north high, hell on earth. we get out of the car and i help rach find her class before i run into maggie, my best friend since day one. "hey this professor holland...is he new?" maggie asks as we quickly speed walk to our first period. history with prof. holland. snooze fest!

"yeah i mean i've never heard of him."

"sounds hot!" she whispers as we walk into class together. i literally stop in my tracks when i see him.

holy fucking shit

"good morning" the man in a suit says. he has an accent. british i think.

"uhm is something wrong ms..." he asks, with the tone implying that he's wondering my name.

"oh uh y/n y/l/n"

"mr. holland, pleasure to meet you" his jaw could cut me open

"please take a seat anywhere" he gives a kind smile. i sit next to maggie of course and i give her a wide eyed look.

the bell rings and he starts class. "hello class! i am professor holland, or mr holland. whatever you prefer. i will be teaching you honors US history this year- uh yes you in back" i turn my head and see amber raising her hand. the bitchest girl in school.

"uh yes mr holland. are you even american?" she earns some laughs from the herd of students.

"uh no i'm from london but i did study american history so i do know what i'm talking about." some "ooooos!" come from everyone and i smirk at my new favorite teacher shutting her down.

his voice starts to drift off because my brain is flooded with thoughts. man he looks so good in that button down. i just wanted to rip it off of him right then and there.

ho-ly shit.

he was pretty young too. he gets into the lesson and by now i have mastered the art of acting like i'm paying attention. we keep making eye contact. his deep brown eyes. i swear i'm making it up, but he smirked at me. finally, the bell rings and i grab my backpack from the floor and stand up to meet maggie.

"oh my god" i whisper to her as she's packing up.

"yeah oh my god is right!" she whispers back. we start to walk out the door and a voice catches both of us off guard and we turn around.

"pleasure having you in class today y/n, you seemed like you were really paying attention. it's kind of difficult to get that from a class of seniors" i blush and butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"o-of course mr holland." he sends a smile my way and i smile lightly back. i couldn't help it!

i turn back and try to act cool as we walk out of class. i turn the corner and see a familiar someone standing by my classroom. "hey babe!" i run up and hug jake. oh i didn't mention i had a boyfriend did i...

A/N: LEAVE A VOTE AND A COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT! it really helps get my stories off the ground <3

-captainevans_