THREE

it's a typical wednesday morning as i walk into first period. i started to actually try to look good at school. you know i usually only try on the first day then just give up. but i wanted to look good for mr. holland. i was literally obsessed with him. i did some research. his first name was tom, there was not much on him though. it seemed like he kept his life private. all i knew is that he didn't have a wedding ring on so fingers crossed he's single.

"good morning y/n" my favorite teacher smirks at me. not smile, smirks. 

"good morning mr holland" i take my seat next to maggie. she leans over and whispers in a mocking voice "oh good morning mr holland!!" i shoot back "shut up"

the bell rings and mr holland leans against his desk. "hello class, i know it's only the third day of school but pop quiz!" the whole class groans and starts freaking out. i do too, i only acted like i paid attention. amber shoots from the back of the class "i thought you were cool!"

"settle down guys! i just want to see where you are all at" he says as he passes out papers "this doesn't count towards your grade" i let out a sigh of relief. my face says everything to someone else. anyone could read me like a book.

professor holland places down the piece of paper and whispers "relax, you're gonna do great" i look up at him and smile. he's smiling down on me as i relax my shoulders and fiddle with my pencil. his fingers trail along my desk as he continues to move back. i flip over the test and start writing.

i was so in the middle for everything. i wasn't gorgeous, but not ugly. wasn't super popular, but i went to my fair share of parties and i was well known. not rich, not poor. by all means i was not a genius but i knew what i was doing in school a lot. except history. i never ever paid attention it was such a snooze fest. especially when it's first period. i finish the short pop quiz with guessing on half of them. i hand the quiz on the desk and look my sexy ass teacher up and down. he looks up and smiles. i turn around and walk back to my seat and i could feel his eyes glued to my ass. i smile to myself and he gives us a free period for the rest of the class. the bell rings and i hear a

"y/n, stay after a minute"

oh shit

my hearts racing and i stand up and make my way to the desk as maggie smiles at me, jaw dropped as she walks away.

"yes mr holland?" i ask batting eyelashes.

"yes uh you didn't do too well on this quiz, are you struggling in the class?"

"oh maybe a little, history has never been my best subject"

"well i'd love to tutor you or help you"

"really? wow thank you so much. i can email you when i'm free?"

"oh please uh here" he busts out a stick note and writes a bunch of numbers. "just text me. i never check my email"

he was giving me his phone number. his freaking phone number!

i stand there for a second. this man really just gave me his number. "of course, thank you mr holland."

"mr holland makes me sound so old...when it's just us you can call me tom" his accent comes out even more when he says his name.

"thank you, tom" i smirk at him.

again, i swear i'm making this up but he winked at me. i tuck my bottom lip in between my teeth slightly. i turn around and see jake standing in the door frame. i walk to him and interlock hands with him but i give tom one last look back. he looks me and my boyfriend up and down and he clenches his jaw with a finger running over his lips. i look down and walk to second period.

"what did he wanna talk to you about?"

"oh we uh just took a pop quiz i didn't do too well"

"oh hon it's okay"

"yeah history has never been a strong suit of mine"

"well your teacher seems...nice enough"

"yeah i like him- i- i mean as a teacher. i think he's a good teacher" i try and cover my ass.
"well what else would you mean?" jake laughs. i laugh back and smile. i try and shut out my thoughts of my teacher. my teacher. my teacher! fuck.