TWO

the rest of the day was boring. but for the life of me, i could not stop thinking of first period. jesus christ. i find rachel in the lobby and we walk out to the car. i throw my backpack in the back seat and let out a deep breathe. "rough day?" rach asks.

"no i'm just tired. how was your first day of high schoooolll!" i ask is i pull out. rachel lights up about her day and it makes me smile. it sounds like she has a good group of friends and everything.

we get home and i run upstairs, fall on my bed, and day dream about mr. holland. oh my god his hands. they were veiny. and hot. i wanted them around my neck. or even my hips. jesus how could i be this horny and a virgin? no, me and jake have never done it. it just- it hasn't felt like there's a right time yet. maybe the right time would never come. my thoughts are interrupted by maggie calling me.

"what's up mags?" i ask concerned, she usually texts me

"okay first of all we are going to the bar friday because guess who got her new fake!!" she holds up her fake id. maggie ingrid, 21 years old.

"FINALLY JESUS CHRIST"

"second of all, let's talk about mr. holland flirting with you!" "oh he was not flirting!...was he?" "uhhh yes! 'i really enjoyed having you in class today'?! he totally wants you!" "oh my god stop it. i- i have a boyfriend" "GIRL IF HE'S FLIRTING WITH YOU NO YOU DONT!" i laugh so hard my stomach feels like it's gonna burst. then the boyfriend i don't have texts me.

jake <3

hey! wanna go on a date friday?

i'm sorry i'm hanging out with maggie.
wanna hang out tonight though? we
might have to drag rach along if my
dad's not home.

sure i'll pick you two up at
8 for ice cream <3

sounds good :)

"and i just blew my not boyfriend off for you on friday so we better have fun" "oh we will girl. bye y/n" "bye maggie" after a long first day of school i crawl up in my bed and throw on friends, my favorite show of all time. i was scrolling through tik tok at the same time when i get a text from my father.

dad

sorry sweetie-stuck at the office.
looks like it's going to be a while
so you're on your own for dinner.

oh it's okay. jake is going to pick
me up for ice cream later and
rachel can come with

ok-be home by 10. love you
so much😘

love you too 🤍

i knew he wasn't gonna be home so i call out for rachel. "rach get in here!" she swings my door open and i pause monica geller on my tv. "what's up" "uh dads not gonna be home for dinner and jake wanted to go out friday but i have plans so we are getting ice cream tonight and you're coming with" she groans and hops into bed with me. "okay. i like jake he's good for you" she says as she crawls under my covers and presses play on the remote. "i know" i breathe out and look at the photo of us on my bed side table. i quickly fix my gaze to the screen and rachel nuzzles her head into my shoulder. she starts asking me all these big questions about high school as i rip my nic. "what are parties like? will you pick me up if i ask? oh!-" i cut her off before she can get another question in. "okay here's the rundown. this is what mom told me when i was a freshman. you can go to parties and have fun. get drunk. but you have to understand some risks. never EVER take a drink from someone. even if they are your friend you never know. uhh never let a man get in your pants-" "y/n!!" "no listen this is important!" i laugh. i continue to warn her about how scary this shit can actually be. all i can do is hope she actually listened.

rachel and i eat the pizza we ordered for dinner and 8pm rolls around. two car horn honks come from outside and i grab rachel and we run outside. i hop in the passengers seat and kiss jake hello. that earns an "ewwww!" from the backseat. "shut up rachel" "mcflurrys ladies?" rach and i both say "yes!" i enjoyed hanging out with jake. and he's been so patient with me always. he's a sweet guy. he plays hockey, has fluffy blonde hair, and my dad adores him. it's a win. but for whatever goddamn reason, i was obsessed with going to first period tomorrow.