𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

SEA ISLE SUPERMARKET 6:48 P

6:48 P.M.

"Coach White?" A voice called out of nowhere.

Sometimes while out on the town, Isaac would randomly encounter his students or coworkers, but this voice wasn't familiar to him at all. He looks over his shoulder to see who called out his name.

There stood Bryson Holmes. At five foot and eleven inches tall, he and Isaac stood just at about each other's eye levels as he stood up from his crouched position. The young man looked fresh out of the shower with his dirty blonde hair slightly damp, assuming he was here straight from practice. He was sported in a dark green crew neck sweater with a pair of black basketball shorts, carrying two bottles of glacier cherry Gatorade and a handful of protein bars.

"I'm not sure if you recognize me, my name's Bryson Holmes. I just transferred in from Holy Saints, you might have seen me out on the field today," Bryson smiles at his new head coach, holding his hand out for Isaac to shake.

"I know who you are," Isaac replies very bluntly, paying no attention to the hand waiting to be shaken in front of him, catching Bryson off guard with his tone. The boy had heard that the Sea Isle Heights head football coach, Isaac, was very stern and strict at times when it came to his personality so he thought nothing of it.

"I never got the chance to properly introduce myself to you yet and was planning to today after practice but was told you left already. I just so happened to see you here at the store by luck," Bryson nervously chuckles and rubs the back of his neck, trying to save himself from his failed attempted handshake. "I'm really grateful for this opportunity to play on your team and to have you as my coach and mentor. I've heard so many great stories about you and I hope that I can show you my worth this season."

"This delinquent must be putting on an act, from what I've heard he has no self worth," Isaac says in his head before coming back.