VII: Interrogation

It was the evening. The sun was shining an orange hue from the windows in the room Seha was in. It would have been a peaceful sight, really. It was an evening where he could have finished his paperwork and go back to his dorm room where he could play games on his console. Or an evening where he could relax and have some time to himself. However, that was not the case. After he had finished given the Ignis the tour and training round, Ch'en had shown up and told him to follow her for a talk after dismissing Ignis. 

What did Ch'en want? He didn't know. What he did know was that she was in a bad mood. While he followed her, he could hear her muttering a few Lungmen styled curses. He decided to remain silent and not ask what had happened, feeling that she may decide to take her anger out on him instead if he had asked. He did not intend to become minced meat after a long day at work. But the bright side about that was that he wouldn't have to deal with LGD business anymore. 

Ch'en had led him to her office, walking to her desk and pulling up a few folders before addressing him. "Sit. We have time to talk before I have to inform you on what tomorrow's task is," she stated, implying that she had something else she wanted to talk to. That's what he assumed anyway. Tomorrow's task was.. for tomorrow. There was no reason for her to drag him into her office to speak about it today unless it was urgent. But that didn't seem to be the case. It seemed that she wanted to talk about something else.

Seha took a seat carefully, gauging her mood. She hadn't dragged him here to vent to him about what had happened while he wasn't at Rhodes Island, right? He didn't know a single thing about what was going on. If anything, Hoshiguma would be the one she vented to. So.. was she mad that he ignored his training with her but did a training round with Ignis instead? Now that he thought of it.. Ch'en had sent Ignis off in rather a stiff manner..

"If this is about me and Ignis doing a mock battle, I apologize for not attending yours if that made you mad-," he began, only to be cut off by Ch'en. 

"No, that is fine. Why would I be mad about that? It's none of my concern about who you train with," she said indifferently, taking an interest on the papers on her desk. She paused for a bit before continuing to speak, as if thinking of a way to phrase something she wanted to say to him. "...I pulled your file from the government, Seha. It was originally locked, but I managed to get ahold of it with my position," she said, finally looking up at him. 

Wait.. what? She- She had done what? He honestly didn't know how to feel about what Ch'en had just done. As far as he was concerned, he didn't think he even existed in the government's database, since he was an illegitimate child from a politician and veteran Operator. And even if there was a file about him.. would it even contain any useful data at all? In any other circumstance, he would be mad about someone invading his privacy and personal life. However, he was more curious about what was in the file. He decided to ask about it.

"What.. does it say?"

"Your name, your age, your birthplace, your siblings. Now, onto parents. Your father is out of the picture. No info about him at all. And your mother.. Wait, that's your mother? Jisu?"

Ch'en said with a look of surprise on her face, reading the file to Seha. Hearing his mother's name made Seha feel annoyed. Of course, he didn't know the reason why he had been abandoned with his sister, but there was still no explanation of it. He sighed and pushed those thoughts from his mind. Now was not the time to think about those sorts of things. He answered Ch'en's statement with a simple nod. However, she was still looking between him and the photo of his mother in the folder.

"You two look nothing alike," she said after a moment of silence, looking between Seha and the photo back and forth to see if there were any similarities. Did she know his mother? Probably. The LGD and politics usually didn't mix, but his mother was a veteran Operator of the LGD who had retired. It was more than likely they had met before.