Epiologue

It's not that I don't wanna have kids with Luke, I think as I bite my nails nervously, but.. but I'm just not ready. Oh god, a tiny little human growing inside of me? It's gonna die the moment it's born.. I won't be able to take care of it. I can't handle this.. I can't handle-

Picking up the test and waving it until it's moderately clean, I throw the flattened box into the small trash can, open the door, lock it and walk towards the cashier.

He goggles at the pregnancy test in my hand then up at me, then back down.

"Do you.. not know how to use it?" He asks hesitantly. I give out a small, quiet chuckle and shake my head.

"Oh jeez, this is gonna sound weird but.. could you.. could you read it for me?" My eyes are on the ground as I softly place the test on the counter.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the man's hand slowly reach out and slide the test towards his side of the counter. He's silent for a while, making me look up at him apprehensively.

"It's negative, kid." He says tonelessly, examining my face as it falls.

"Oh.. no, yeah, that's great," I smile half-heartedly, "We're too young, y'know?" I start rambling to myself, "I'm not ready to take care of a tiny.. tiny little human." The image of a baby Dunphy fills my head, "With tiny little feet and tiny little fingers and the cutest smile ever."

The cashier stares at me as I look out of the window at the car.

"Ma'am?" He snaps me out of my thoughts and I look back at him, "This would've been horrible had you been happy about it being negative, but I was just kidding. It's positive." He picks up the test and hands it over to me.

I gawk at him as I take the test from him. I lower my eyes and peer down at the little grey window. Sure enough, two little blue lines are staring right back at me. I feel the corner of my lips turn up slightly.

I thank him and leave, the stick still in my hands. I'm still looking down at it as I walk towards the car.

Luke gives me a strange look at I open my door and get inside. Our eyes lock for a second before his eyes move down to my hands.

"Jamie, you okay? What's-" his eyes grow wide as he realizes what it is.

"Luke, I'm pregnant."

A tense silence fills the car following my words. Luke's stillness starts to scare me. All of a sudden, he starts laughing. Softly at first, then somewhat hysterically.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna be a dad!" He cries out, pulling me into a hug.

4 years later

Luke's pov

Through all the clanking Mom's doing in the kitchen, I hear the quiet noise of the front door open.

"Oh, oh, Mommy's home," I announce, waving my hands around frantically.

"Places everybody!" Dad whisper-yells as Grace raises her arms up to hold his hands. He carefully takes her tiny hands in his and the two of them take on fancy poses.

"Ouu, what's this?" Jamie laughs as she places the grocery bags on the kitchen counter. She comes up behind me and kisses my cheek.

They start dancing, Dad messily singing a jazz tune horribly off-key. When they're little routine is done, they pose again.

"Ta-da!" They both call out in sing-song voices, somewhat out of breath.

"Grandpa and I worked on it just for you!" Grace exclaims excitedly before giving out a cute little giggle. Jamie comes around the couch and crouches down, extending her arms towards Grace.

My dad let's go of her hands and watches fondly as Grace wobbles towards Jamie as fast as her little legs could take her.

"I love you 3000," Grace says, her little hands on Jamie's knees. I chuckle and shake my head.

"Have you two been watching any one of the four Avengers movies lately?" The two of them look up and give me innocent looks.

"Like mother, like daughter," Mom laughs to herself in the kitchen.

"I'm Mommy's baby," Grace says suddenly. She looks at me and gives me a little grin. I clutch my chest and pretend to be offended. I'm not really, because it's true. She's all Jamie.

"You're my baby?" Jamie's face lights up. Grace nods and buries her face into her chest. She looks up at me, as if asking if I'm okay and I nod, chuckling softly.

Grace pushes herself back, leaning onto Jamie, "and I'm a badass!"

Jamie gasps and turns to glare at me as I try my best not to laugh.

"What?" I snort, covering my mouth to hide my smirk, "Don't look at me!" She turns towards my dad and frowns at him.

"It wasn't me!" He protests, raising his hands in defeat, giving her the most innocent look he can muster.

Jamie looks back down at her empty arms. Grace had stumbled her way over to my mom while we had been pleading our innocence and was now giving the bottom half of her legs a very tight toddler hug.

She looks down at her fondly before realizing that we're all looking at her.

"Alright, fine. It was me," she says in a guilty voice, "but it's true. She's the most badass little baby I've ever met." She grins and picks Grace up.

Jamie stands up slowly, her face expressionless. Dad and I exchange scared looks. Suddenly, she bursts out laughing and goes over to hug them both.

I let out out a satisfied sigh. After all these years, I still get butterflies when she smiles and, looking down at my ring, i realize that I still couldn't be more excited to spend the rest of my life with her.

A/n
I finally finished the book!
Hopefully you guys like this ending, cuz I really do. Also hopefully you won't be mad that it's just a short story. Anyways tysm for voting and commenting, I really like reading ur thoughts on the book, the story and the way I write.
So.. that's it. The book is finally done. Yay me((: