5

Once again, his eyes roamed my face as they searched for a reaction to what he had said. Heat developed in my chest and slowly made its way up my neck and onto my face, spreading across until it reached the tips of my ears. I ducked my head down and averted my eyes from his stare. All form of communication escaped me, my brain furiously foraging for a way to respond.

'Hey.' His voice interrupted my racing thoughts, and I met his eyes once again. They held a lot of emotion, but the kindness I saw reassured me, and I flashed him a shy smile. Before I could eventually reply to his statement, he reached across the table and grabbed my hand, pulling me to my feet. My heart soared at the contact, his touch was gentle, and the feeling was warm, and the look of shock that appeared on my face was almost comical. To him, it was, as a small laugh escaped his mouth and he tugged me around the table towards his body. My ungraceful self crashed against his torso before I was able to balance properly, and with our now close proximity, the height difference was apparent, as he tilted his head down in order to hold eye contact. His frame practically engulfed mine and a blush spread across my face once more as his hand came to a rest on my lower back.

'Let's get out of here,' he whispered, ducking his head down so his mouth rested by my ear. I shivered as his breath travelled down my neck, and managed to give him a small nod, which prompted him to turn towards the door, holding my hands behind his back and pulling me along with him. As we moved past the front desk, the librarian raised her eyebrows at me in question, and all I could do in return was shrug my shoulders, as even I was confused as to what was taking place. The jingling of the bell on the door, and the breeze from the outside brought me back to my senses, and I looked up at the back of his head, the curls bouncing as he takes large strides along the pavement, and I ended up having to jog lightly in order to keep up. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, and he didn't even respond, giggling slightly as he continued to drag me down the street. I started to laugh along with him, feeling completely at ease in his presence. The logical side of me should have been screaming at me to leave, I knew nothing about this boy, and yet I was letting him take me to wherever he was taking me, he could've been planning on murdering me for all I knew. But for once I didn't care, and I happily walked behind him and felt excited to spend time with him, the boy I admired from afar.