Out of the Woods

Author's Note: Hi everybody:) Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out. I had a terrible day mental health wise and just wasn't in a good place to write. I apologize if the sad comes through.  Please like or comment. I would really love to know people's thoughts an opinions.

Song Inspo: "Out of the Woods" by Taylor Swift

"So, tell me. Are you guys dating, a situationship, friends with benefits?" Em laughs while drinking a cup of coffee, "also, can we discuss the very specific type of man you choose to have feelings for."

"Haha, what can i say? I'm into old men," I sip on my own cup. "Let me just be clear, older men totally know how to please a lady. He's done things to me I didn't even know I liked. He was great and there was never a lack of orgasms. But Bucky, he's just something else. I can't put into words the things he makes me feel. The way I feel when he's with me..."

"Ooo, you're making me blush. Look at you. He left not even 20 minutes ago and you're already hot and bothered again. Are you gonna ditch me again for him tonight?"

"No. No. I'm not gonna ditch you. He had to leave for a mission, and he said he would be gone a couple days up to a week depending on what they find out. So you're stuck with me until then," I can't help but feel a little worried about what the mission is. Unfortunately, my position with S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't let me look at what missions there are. I just usually get to help clean up the mess the Avengers leave behind.

I guess it's probably for the best. Knowing me and how my brain works I would probably sit there and read everything until my head was full of so many terrible things it exploded. Plus if I knew what Bucky was doing out there, I'd just worry about how many things can go wrong. For now, I can just pretend he's just spying on people from a distance and collecting information. Not getting involved physically.

Those flag smashers put both Bucky and Sam through their paces, and stupid John Walker also laid them out.

"I know I won't hear from him so it's just a waiting game. I don't know, I think I'm getting ahead of myself. We spent two nights together... and I think he enjoyed it as much as I did... Nope, not gonna overthink it. Im gonna shut up about him and you're gonna help me focus on other shit." I refuse to wrap myself around Bucky like I lost myself in Steve.

"I don't blame you. He's a really nice guy. Kinda of dark and broody, but I've always liked him. And it seems really obvious now that he's always liked you," Em looks back up at me smiling and pats my hand. "Just promise me you'll take it easy. I know you're still in a vulnerable place and I want you to take care of yourself first."

"Yeah, I know. I'm trying to just get my shit together. I mean classes start again in a month and then I'll have no life between studying and work. I don't really have time for a full relationship," the thought of my impending workload is enough to give me stress.

"Well, we still have a couple weeks before shit gets crazy. Today, is strictly reserved for watching our shows because we have like a month's worth of binging and it's crappy weather so there's nothing else to do."

"Okay, fair enough. I didn't get much sleep this morning a lazy day sounds good. Oh, don't look at me like that. We talked a lot too."

Emi smiles over her coffee, "yeah, I'm sure the neighbors would disagree. Thank god I don't live next door to you."

"Okay, we're ending this discussion. It's probably not gonna happen again," the thought of not waking up next to Bucky ever again makes me a little sad.

"Yeah, sure! Whatever you say, Charlie."

For the next few days, I spend a lot of time at work. Between everything that happened with Zemo, the flag smashers and the Power Broker mission, there's no shortage of paperwork to file. The day speeds by, I'm calling foreign agencies and politicians. Trying to smooth things over with the John Walker case. There's so much paperwork my hand goes numb from diligent note taking for my bosses. I forgot that this level of work brings me a strange peace. As chaotic as it can be, it takes my mind off of my personal life.