SEVEN| THE WORD LOVE ITSELF.

AS MIRREN AND Y/N entered the great hall, they held their pointed chins down; hoping to not be seen as they walked, unseen, towards the Slytherin table. The two girls, not in their proper attire had no problem with others, for they had not realised two Gryffindors at their house table. Y/N guided Mirren to two empty seats, of which happened to be right next to John Owen Gray, who was chatting to Adrian Pucey, a good - looking 7th year.
"Asshole." Sneered Y/N, causing her brother to look at her, his dark eyebrows quickly unfurrowed.
"Takes an asshole to know an asshole." Said he, voice like a knowing adult. A sly smirk creep onto
Y/N's lips as she looked away from her brother to Mirren, who gave her a grin. Then suddenly, a hand slid over Y/N's mouth, and the same to Mirren; both girls eyes wide and alert.

"Calm down, Gryffindorks." Whispered an icy, deep voice, Mirren's kind blue eyes turning cold and harsh, for she had the advantage of seeing the boy behind Y/N, and Y/N seeing the boy behind Mirren; Theodore Nott, whom had a boyish grin on his face that reminded Y/N he was too innocent to do any harm to Mirren, unlike the boy behind Y/N, who's voice sounded dangerous and vile. That was Y/N's thoughts until Mirren removed Theodore's hand, lightly, then spat —
"What the hell do you want, Malfoy."

Y/N looked up, to see the blond male, standing tall from behind herself, his long slender fingers finding their way to push a long, dark strand of Mirren's hair behind her ear, making her harshly swipe his fingers away; her face becoming pink of frustration. Malfoy looked down at Y/N, smiling softly.
"Darling, Y/N . . ." His voice no higher than a whisper, softness laced with his vocal chords.
        ". . . Could you tell your friend I have no intention of being an asshole, and I simple would like to be her friend." Mirren's eyes narrowed as a scoff passed her lips.
"I wouldn't be your friend if my life was at risk." Through gritted teeth Mirren said. Y/N felt an uneasy feeling in her stomach as she watched her friend, her once sweet, caring eyes full with cruelty and hatred at the sight of the Malfoy.
Draco Malfoy, Y/N thought. She couldn't believe it was him whom made Mirren this way. She believed it to be more of Mrs. Coldwell, rather than the 13 year old whom had pounds of money, the head color of snow, and eyes like storm clouds.

"Mirren, come on. Professor Dumbledore is about to give his yearly speech." Y/N spoke, making her friend look away from the Malfoy boy, and nod.
Y/N and Mirren hurriedly made their way to the Gryffindor table, only after Y/N hastily waved Pansy, Theodore, and Blaise goodbye, and sent Draco a nod.
Harry looked up, his emerald eyes becoming wide as he mumbled to Seamus, whom sat to his left to move over a bit, making room for Y/N and Mirren. Mirren let out the breathe she held, sending Ronald a smile, for he sat to her left.

"Where were you two?" Whispered Harry, Y/N looked at him, looking away from Dumbledore.
"We were —" Y/N paused, trying to think of something quick, only to be cut off by Hermione, whom sat across from the two.
"Harry, she may speak to whom ever she pleases!" Whisper — Yelled Hermione, who's voice was filled with irradiation. Y/N looked at Harry, who rolled his eyes at her, and turned his attention to Dumbledore. Y/N reached her thin, fragile fingers towards Harry's hand and tapped three times.
I am sorry.
Harry looked down at his hand, and up at Y/N's face, her beautiful face. Her H/C hair fell messily from her claw clip, yet it looked so elegant, as if that was the proper style. Her eyes were tired and sleepy, yet so energetic and happy.

Y/N Jane Gray.
A Pure - Blood,
A Gray,
Energetic and Happy.
Elegant, yet free.
Young like a spring duckling.
She was different,
She accepted others whether slytherin
or muggle — born.
She was the word love itself.

• • •

hello darlings, another little chapter!
to be honest, i was debating whether this book should take place in 6th year, but then i was like nurrrr if i do that, then i'd ruin the whole vibe and everything, but if it was 6th year we'd get a better view of everything, they'd be older and it'd make it easy, but i want you guys to help meh.
anyways, i am sorry these chapters have been short recently, i, like I said, am trying to convince myself to continue the 3rd year route.

when i began writing this book, i wanted dawson and mirren to become a thang, now i am going a different path ;)

        any who, i hope you all have had an amazing day / night, i hope you all have had enough food and water and if you haven't, please go get yourself a bottle of water and some food. i love you all.

aurelia