six

bella didn't visit

maisie was discharged a few hours later, and not once did bella check up on her. she wasn't surprised, not really, but that didn't mean the sting of disappointment in her chest faded at all.

charlie carried her to her room, despite her protests. at some point she just had to give in to the coddling.

lounging on her bed, propped up on one too many pillows, she got her first glance at the red eyed men when she wasn't asleep.

the blond was painting. he was painting her. her hair, her face, her body, but she was in their arms. she wished she really was there in their embrace. the two brunettes lounged in two delightfully cushioned seats, one focused intently on a tome and the other staring at the painting. maisie was in a rich purple gown with gold leaves in her hair and sewn into the skirt and bodice of the dress. the three men were surrounding her, the blond behind her and his arms on her shoulders, looking down at her like she hung the stars. the brunette with the more delicate facial structure was kissing her cheek, a smirk pulling at his lips because of her blush. the other was simply...admiring her, his hand in her own.

too soon, the vision was over. maisie blinked the fog out of her eyes and gaped at her ceiling. were they real? did they see her in their dreams too?

she was about to sit up and walk to her computer when her door clicked open. looking over, maisie expected to be greeted by charlie's concerned gaze. not bella's smirking one.

"hello, dearest sister of mine," she purred, and maisie flinched back into her pillows. bella never willingly referred to her as her sister. "i just found out some...interesting news i thought you might like to know."

the older twin circled her like prey. "i've always known the cullens weren't normal," she gloated, "so i asked them, and my persuasion worked! they're vampires, maisie, vampires. edward can read minds, jasper can change feelings, and alice can see the future. and do you know what she saw?"

bella perched herself on the edge of the bed, leaning so close that maisie could see the flecks of gold in her brown eyes. "she saw me, being loved by the kings of the vampire world. i'm their soulmate, making me a queen."

maisie felt something build up in her chest, something she had never felt before. rage. pure, unadulterated fury at the idea of her sister being with these men. it blinded her, maisie couldn't even process the idea that vampires existed.

bella grinned smugly at the fire in her sister's eyes. "i learned something else, too. vampires are very, very possessive over their mates- that's me, i'm the soulmate of the most powerful people in the world. the rightful queen. and what do you think they'll do when they find out their precious queen has been ridiculed by her ugly, pathetic sister for her whole life?"

she leaned in closer, putting her mouth right beside maisie's ear and whispered, "they'll get revenge."

maisie stilled. if bella really was their mate, she would never last. whatever she did to her-real or fake- she would be punished for. they would always believe bella over her.

the brunette laughed at her twin's panic. "edward will be here in a minute to take us to italy. that's where the kings live. that's the deal, you see. they give the kings me and you get to be their human blood bag, and the cullens get to leave their shitty coven. it's a win win-" her sentence was cut off by maisie's window opening.

edward hopped into the bedroom with grace, peering at the girls with a malicious grin. "who's ready to see the kings?"

-_-