Fix This

Iida decided not to stay the night at the dorms that night, he left to take a bus to his family home. He had to get out of there, everyone was talking about Pria and he couldn't take it anymore. He also didn't want to see Piper when she got back to UA, the pain was too much when his eyes fell on her. When he reached the door step and opened the door, the house was silent until he heard his mom come out from the bedroom upstairs, "Iida?" She came down the steps to see her son, "What are you doing here?" She asked. 

"hey mom, I just missed you all I thought I'd come by."

"At three in the morning?" 

"Sorry, I know its late." he apologized. "Is Tensei up?"

"When is he ever asleep? He's a night owl."

"I'll see if I can put him to bed." he told his mother as he ascended the stairs. He knocked on his big brother's door and he allowed him to come in. Tensei was sitting in his wheelchair, playing video games. "Hey little bro. What makes you come here so late?"

"Nothing, I just thought I'd stop by." He told him. Tensei shut off the game and turned on the nearest light in the room so he could see his brother's face. 

"What happened?" Tensei asked his little brother. 

"What do you mean?" he asked trying to play off his heartbreak. 

"stop it, tell me whats going on, you look like you've gone through hell and back." Tensei gestured to a nearby chair and Iida sat down and met his brother's eye level. "Tell me whats up brother."

"Piper broke up with me." He confessed trying to hide the pain in his voice.

"What the hell did you do?" He asked him, concern upon his face. Iida shrugged and hated the fact that his big brother assumed that he was the one at fault. 

"Why is it always my fault?"

"Because I know and love Piper very much and I know she would never let her go unless you broke her heart." Authority laced his brother's voice. "What did you do, Iida?"

Iida tapped the arm of the chair with his fingers, clearly ticked off, "The offspring of the very person who crippled you is attending UA. That's why!" He shouted. Tensei looked shocked but continued to listen. "I hate seeing her around, what does she want with the school?"

"I'm still failing to understand why this has to do with Piper dumping you."

"She didn't like the way I treated Pria." He said annoyed. "I wasn't going to hurt her, I just wanted to scare her." Iida explained what had happened when he finally reached the class and slammed his fists on her desk. Tensei wheeled closer to him to smack him upside the back of his little brother's head. 

"OW!" Iida rubbed the sore spot that made contact with Tensei's hand. 

"You deserve it!" He shouted. "You destroyed the best thing that could've ever happen to you just because this girl was related to Stain?" He hit him again. "Do you realize what Piper thinks of you right now?!" Iida looked at his brother like a scolded dog, listening to him for once. "You do realize that she thinks you could be violent to her too, right? Not only that, what makes you think that this Pria girl is dangerous?! Did she try to kill me?"

"No, but-"

"Did she cripple me, Tenya?" 

"Of course not-"

"Then why should she be blamed for the sins of her father? huh?" He looked at his brother angrily. "Stop trying to be so righteous Iida. You actually tried to kill her father for me."

"If her father was a killer, what on earth is she capable of?!" Iida screamed back. 

"If she is in UA, then I'm sure she's capable of becoming an awesome hero." He told him sternly. "What are you turning into, bro?" He asked. "Hating her isn't going to magically make me walk again, Iida." He shook his head. Iida dropped to his knees and sobbed, Tensei placed a loving hand on his brother's head. "You messed up pretty bad, Tenya."

"I'm sorry, brother. I just hate what happened to you, I hate Stain, I hate the fact that you can't be a hero anymore."

Tensei lifted his little brother's head, "You need to let that all go, If you have hate in your heart, how can you become a good hero?" He told him. "Stop hating on this girl, give her a little grace. She might have been through worse things than I have." He shrugged. "And get Piper back for God's sake! I want my future sister in law back."

Iida dried his angry tears and stood up, "I don't think she will ever take me back."

"That's a damn lie." He told him. "She loves you to death. She's probably waiting for you to make the right choice." He wheeled closer to him, "So, I want you to stop crying, go back to school and do whatever it takes to fix this. I'm not about to let you lose the one girl you have been in love with for three years. To be honest I'm glad she lit a fire under your ass about this."

Iida chuckled through his pain and shook his head, he knew that what Tensei said was true and out of love, he valued his brother's opinion over everyone else's. Even though, the conversation didn't go as expected, It was what Iida needed to hear. "Mom says I have to make sure you get to bed." He said breaking the tension and changing the mood in the room. Tensei laughed and rolled his eyes, "Okay, fine." 

Iida helped his brother into bed and returned to his own room to sleep. He took off his shoes and glasses, hopping into bed. It took him a while to fall asleep, he was too concentrated on what he could do to heal the situation he caused. The conversation he had with his wise brother made him feel as if the hate he harbored broke off of him.