I Don't Loose

"No, no, no, NOOOO!" Nino banged his fist on the ancient arcade game as the words You Lost came over his side of the screen. "This is bullshit."

"No, you just suck." Adrien smiled cheekily as his name flew to the top of the leaderboard, declaring his victory.

"Bro you literally cheated!" Nino whined, flipping off Adrien's victory-dancing avatar.

"Bro no I didn't." Adrien mocked before setting off a string of laughter, which automatically made Nino laugh. "C'mon I'm hungry." He bumped his friend's shoulder with his fist before whipping around toward the door, only to bump into something short that let out a squeak.

"Woah!" To his surprise Marinette stumbled backwards into him was falling towards the floor. Automatically he caught her in his arms, bridal style.

This seems to be a common theme.

"You okay m'lady?" He asked, her blue eyes wide in embarrassment as she lay paralyzed in his grasp. He sucked in a breath, realizing he should never had said that.

She froze in shock at his words. Did he just say... m'lady? That's what Chat always calls Ladybug... No way. A coincidence. A complete, total coincidence. He couldn't have known anyways. How silly of her to have even considered the idea. Adrien wasn't Chat. Besides they already admitted they were friends. He wouldn't have lied to her.

Anyways, it didn't matter. This was Adrien; the same Adrien she was supposed to be mad at.

Quickly she pushed herself off him and stumbled back to her feet. His hand eased on her lower back as she caught her balance.

"Got it?" He asked, ever the gentleman.

"I'm fine." Marinette adjusted her skirt, the bitchy expression returning to her face. She knew she was definitely overreacting but still. She deserved an apology at least. Being used wasn't something Mari took lightly.

Aware of her restraint Adrien backed up a few paces, giving her space to breathe. Unlike her, he wanted to make her as comfortable around him as possible, especially if what Nino told him was true.

Imagine if she actually did like me?

"I um..." He blushed looking at her pretty face. "I like your hair." The butterflies swarmed in his stomach when he noticed the dark bruises on her neck. Her plump lips were so tempting, drawing him in with every breath she took. It was like the world stopped spinning every time they locked eyes.

Before she could reply, Alya came up from behind her and flung her arms around Nino's neck.

"Hey babe!" He leaned in to kiss her forehead, but she grabbed his face and pulled him down to meet her lips.

"I missed you." She whispered into his ear.

The two giggled to each other while Adrien and Marinette stood awkwardly around, avoiding to look at the sever PDA coming from right next to them.

"Soooo..." Adrien rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably, trying to think of something to say.

Before he could get the words out, Marinette noticed the screen behind him glowing with a huge "Victory" sign across the screen, and Adrien's name in big letters.

"No way. Is that Street Fighter?" Marinette pushed passed him as to get a better look at the magnificent machine.

"Yeah, you play?" Adrien came up from behind her, his neck brushing up against her hair.

"Uh, yeah." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, aware of his uncomfortably close presence. "Um me and my dad used to play a lot."

"I have a version of this in my room. It's fun, I've been practicing for ages." He smirked looking over his name on the screen.