Here in Space || Schmidt

I'm standing here in the corner, holding a picture of me and my little boy as I gaze into the huge glowing planet outside that was surrounded by stars.

Earth, our home.

We've been here in space for almost a year now, testing some device that might solve the energy crisis on Earth. I don't know why I accepted this task, quite dangerous and might put our lives on risk. But how can I refuse? I'm a goddamn astronaut.

The only thing that is on my mind right now is my little boy, Tony. Yes, I'm a mother. Single mother to be precise, raising a five-year old little boy on my own. He's living with my father right now, his grandfather, after I flew my way here in space.

"Y/N?"

"Schmidt? What are you doing here? I thought you're with Tam"

"Nah. We've just finished the scan, she's in her room now," he stated as he approach me on my side.

I can feel his stare on mine while my eyes went back at the window. We stayed like that for a minute until Schmidt break the bubble.

"Missing your little boy?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Any regrets?"

"This."

"This?" he repeated. "I regret the moment I landed my feet in here. For the fact that I'm unable to be with my little boy for the next years, it's killing me slowly. I don't even know if am I going to see him again," I stated as I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey," he called, my eyes still facing the window.

"Y/N, look at me," his thumbs brushing off the tears on my cheeks and I diverted my gaze onto his brown ones.

"You're going to see your boy, again. I promise. If we finish this work as soon as possible, we'll get to go back home in no time," he assured, still holding his gaze on mine and I simply gave him a nod. We stayed like that again for almost a minute until I realized that our lips met in no time.

I felt his hands cupped both side of my face as we shared a sweet and passionate kisses. My hands rested on his neck when he began tracing kisses on my jaw and down to my neck, making a soft moan escaped my lips. Our lips met again. He moved his left hand down to my waist to pulled me even closer to him. His tongue made its entrance into my mouth and swirled his tongue against mine. We let go of each other after a minute of kissing and met each other's gaze while catching our breaths.

"Wha--What. Have. I. Done." I uttered in shock.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I feel bad," I breathed out.

"Why?"

"I should've stop you. What about you and Tam?" I asked him worriedly.

I remember Tam told me that her and Schmidt are together, the time when we're alone in her room, drinking and playing. Also at that time, I began catching feelings for Schmidt as we worked more together as both physicist in the group. I even try to avoid him after Tam told me their relationship, but the feelings grew even more that it hurts.

This is wrong. I shouldn't do that. I should've stop him.

"Tam? We're just...friends, co-workers," he answer.

"W--what? You crazy! She said you're together, that you two are dating," I answered, confused with his answer.

"She said what?" Schmidt asked in anger. He's about to stormed out and approach Tam when I held his wrist to stop him. I explained to him everything. The time me and Tam were alone in her room. How she said that to me while we're drinking and never told me that their relationship had ended long ago.

"I think she's just...drunk when she said that. Forget about it," I assured him and pulled him closer to me. His face softened.

He told me that Tam and him were really dating but ended it, two months ago and remained friends. He also confessed on how he catched feelings for me after he ended things with Tam. We stayed silent again, holding each other's gaze as I held him close to me.

"Will you also love my little boy the way you love me?" I asked him.

"More than the love of a mother like you could give, Y/N. I'll prove to you I can be a good father to him," he answered. He kissed my forehead and held me for a hug as I rested my head into his chest, listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat.