Race to His Heart || Daniel Brühl

"Cut!" Ron Howard yelled.

Finally, we're done. Really done.

That's the last scene we've shot for today and now they'll be editing the film Rush. The film is a true story between the rivalry of the two Formula 1 drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda. It was the greatest rivalry in the history of Formula 1 and in 70's, and I am one of the film's camera team.

Now we're done for the film, that means it's time to go home. I'm not really like going home, I'll be staying in my apartment for one week more before actually going home to Seville, Spain, my hometown. I was busy packing when Daniel enter the tent I am in.

"Really, Athena? You're going home now?" he asked in a weird Austrian accent he always spoke on set.

"Really, Daniel? That accent?" I laughed.

"Why not? You don't like it?" he spoke, still in that weird accent.

"Just joking." he spoke back with his normal German accent and simply chuckle. "I just wanna cheer you up. You look so exhausted."

"Gracías. I feel better already." I smiled. "Anyway, aren't you joining them for the afterparty?" he asked me.

"Of course, but I won't be long. I need a good long sleep, Daniel. I never get enough rest since the day we began filming Rush and it went straight for a few months I didn't get to sleep enough." I explained to him, feeling the fatigue all over my body until I noticed that he's wearing a blue polo shirt and black jeans, and his hair was still in curls.

"You didn't straighten your hair?" I said, still packing my things.

"No I decided to leave the curls there. I actually love it. I told my makeup artist I'll just straighten them when I get back to hotel."

"I realized...you look actually really cute when you were dressed as Mr. Lauda." I complimented him as I felt myself blushing, and that even left me speechless. "I--I do?" he asked as I noticed that he is also blushing.

Me and Daniel became really close friends during months being together on set for the film. I never thought in those months on set I am going to race my way into his heart, but I'm still afraid to tell him, thinking that he might not have the same feeling as I had for him. Not until today I realized, I need to tell him right now or I'm gonna regret it for the rest of my life, it's now or never.

I simply approach him and I was about to kiss his cheek when he turn his head in front of me and accidentally kiss his lips. Now, I feel myself blushed even more. "I--I'm sorry it was a--an acci--" my words were interrupted when Daniel held my waist and pulled me close to him so our lips could meet. I felt my heart is about to explode and the butterflies in my stomach goes wild at the feeling of Daniel's soft and luscious lips on mine. We broke the kiss and stare at each other's eyes for a moment.

"So it's a date then?" he grinned.

"Ahh--¿Que?" I asked in shocked.

"Uhmm...I--I mean I--"

"No! It's okay. I'm just shocked you asked that straight ahead." I interrupted. "But yeah. Date would be great." I smiled back at him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Okay then." he winked at me and gave me a quick kiss on my nose that make me giggle.

"Are you done packing, mi amore?" he asked. "Yeah." I simply answered and he helped me load my things into his rented car. I even asked him a favor if he could stay in my apartment for a week before I go back to Seville and he agreed to it.

"So when and where?" he asked.

"Well since you'll be staying in my apartment tomorrow, maybe we could just stay the whole day, watching movies, eating pizzas, and warm cuddles will do, I guess?" I said then he held my hand and kiss its back, that made me smile in awe.

"If that would made my amore smile, then your wish is my highest command." he grinned.