Wattpad Original
Mayroong 5 pang mga libreng parte

i. Myths

Myths. Legends. Hearsays.

Before science, philosophy, and theology ruled the lands and minds of people, there were myths. As ancient as the first civilizations that had sprung, these were the foundations of the greatest ideologies that had graced humanity: science and religion.

Now, in the age of science and technological advancement, people have come to terms with reality. That what you see is what you believe. But no matter how much truth and logic are served, people would still hold onto superstitions and myths once things and events that the rational mind cannot explain occurred.

Some would say the truth of the myths is not always the truth of the history. To these experts, myths were created by people from the past to ease their fears . . . to have something to depend on or blame when all hope is lost. In the present, myths are just merely fictions . . .

. . . yet people still cling to them. Books. Movies. Plays. Our culture is deeply rooted in superstitions and legends. We are always drawn into ideas that are branded as fantasy, as something that won't happen in real life.

Why?

Just like how humans have a natural tendency to live in groups and build a civilization to survive, perhaps, it is also our primal instincts that make us believe and draw inspiration from outlandish stories from the old.

And perhaps, the truth of the myths is just one facet of reality.

***