Wattpad Original
Mayroong 1 pang libreng parte

Chapter 3 : Starless Night

Ominous black clouds dappled the sky. Claps of thunder roared across the city. Few minutes ago, there was a glorious sunset. Now, it was as if the heavens were raging with fury.

Kasasakay lamang nila sa jeep pero nag-aalala si Eliane kay Cyrell. She noticed that her friend's hand was trembling as she stared at the sky with a grave look on her face. This was the first time she saw Cyrell perturbed. Kahit noong pinagdidiskitahan siya ng mga kaklase nila ay wala lamang siyang reaksyon . . . hindi tulad ngayon.

She was not sure where they were going but promptly realized their destination when they got off the vehicle. They continued walking down the street for a few minutes, and the impressive view greeted her eyes. She had been wanting to go here, but Cyrell would always tell her excuses as to why she could not visit.

Halos kasintayog ng dalawang palapag na gusali ang baitang ng hagdanan sa kanilang harapan. She likened it to the stairs of ziggurat, an ancient structure built during the Mesopotamian civilization. Atop the hill were several ancestral houses, varying from bahay na bato to bahay kubo.

The two tromped up the stairs as heavy clouds hung overhead. Habol na ang hininga ni Eliane nang makarating sila sa pinakaitaas pero agad iyong napalitan ng pagkamangha nang masilayan niya ang malaking bahay sa gitna.

She knew Cyrell's family was quite well-off, but she did not expect that she would see a grand house, vaguely reminiscent of the ancestral mansion ruins in Talisay, Negros Occidental.

Agad na tumakbo si Cyrell papasok sa bahay kaya naman sumunod si Eliane sa kaibigan. She was still in awe and failed to notice how the sky became darker, as if it were trying to engulf the world in darkness.

Pagpasok nila ay napaawang ang bibig niya dahil sa laki at itsura ng loob nito. She felt like entering a museum. Different artifacts and paintings from different centuries lined the walls. Potteries and burial jars were displayed at the corners of the room. She could see the traces of different precolonial and colonial cultures just by walking through the spacious living room. Pakiramdam niya tuloy ay nasa ibang panahon siya.

The Estrella's home was truly a hall of historical collection, she thought.

Dahil nakatuon lamang ang atensyon niya sa mga palamuti ay hindi niya agad napansin na mayroong taong nakaupo sa couch sa sala.

"Cyrus!" tawag ni Cyrell.

Eliane halted and held her breath upon seeing the other twin.

Cyrell's aura was quite intimidating, but her twin was someone you would not want to cross. His face was as cold as Cyrell, but he was several inches taller than them, and with his lean yet muscular physique, he looked bigger than he actually was.

Tumayo ito nang makita ang kapatid habang hawak ang librong binabasa. Kumunot ang noo nito. "Kape ko?" he asked but the thought receded when he saw an unfamiliar face. Nagpabalik-balik ang kanyang tingin sa dalawa.

Sino 'yan? He mouthed toward Cyrell.

Eliane cleared her throat as Cyrell pulled her closer. "Si Eliane," pakilala nito sa kanya. "Friend ko."

Cyrus's forehead creased a little. Eliane thought that maybe he did not expect her sister to bring someone into their house and introduce her as a friend.

"May gagawin kayo rito?" tanong nito sa kapatid.

"About that . . ."

The twins exchanged meaningful looks, and despite not saying anything, Eliane knew they had reached a mutual understanding. Cyrell pulled him away from where they stood and put a little distance between them and Eliane.