The power of a friend

That voice i heard makes me think twice , is there someone calling me or it is just my imagination ? I went to check if there is someone outside , i opened the window , the first things attracted me were the stars that fill up the sky and the tree mom planted recently , it 's growing so fast, realising it is my neighbor  Zack screaming «How is it going Anna ? ». Zack, the funnier friend i've ever had. We have been neighbours since birth. He was my childhood friend , but we became strangers for like 3 years, due of the first therapy sessions , he stopped talking to me as that girl from highschool did. He was afraid of his friends to make fun of him, because ofmy bald head and he was my only companion  . I couldn't stand his childness as well . I still remember the only thing he was good in is giving me the worst nicknames,literally the worst . These last days , he tried to visit me whenever he got time. He may want to relieve our friendship , and i think , he will probably do the same this week , but in a diferent way (coming from the window) . « It is going well what about you ? » I said. « Same here miss bogger » what does that even mean ? I didn't answer him and closed the window. When i turned around , he started hitting my window with pebbles, and guess what , it's made of glass , congratulations , he officially broke it . He tried to apologise by saying this « what do you think if we hangout sometime ? » i didn't accept and closed the window.

My face is looking pale and lean yellowish , i touched it peeling some dead skin.I am starting to lose my thin redhair again , my eyebrows became more thinner. Living with Cancer isn't easy , i always wonder, what if i stopped following the treatement , what will happen ? Am i going to die ? I rather be dead than suffering. Each time they took me to the radiation room , i became more weaker and even those called : Medecines , don't help in anything ,but i should take them anyway. Nothing changed since the 2th year of Cancer . My body is dying from the drugs that meant to save it..

2am , i got bored staying in my room the whole day so i got out . The street is empty , the black sky is dotted with fluffy grey clouds . The pale crescent moon shines like a silivery claw. I was walking alone , i could only hear my heartbeats that seemed like a flame, till i saw that dim light coming from an alley , i approached , seeing that little poor kitty meowing, her skinny body couldn't stand this cold weather, i tried to touch her but she ran away , she is probably afraid , i followed her the long road until we got to the beach . She finally stopped, i carried her , she seemed like she finally got comfortable. Everything in there was deep dark , the beach is completly empty , only the rythmic sound of waves disturb this absolute silence . The scent of this precious place transported me back in time, when I was a child , my dad used to bring me here every week-end, to have the chance to see the red-velvet sunset that comes once a week . It's true , memories never die . It's been awhile since i had fun and felt free .

6am , i fall asleep a little. The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky , golden fingers of sunlight light up the beach . I looked around, the kitty wasn't beside me, i tried to look for her , until i saw that person with the tired look drinking his coffe and reading a book. I noticed a sentence in the book saying «....I was meant to kill her , not fall in love with her.... » so it made me quite curious about the book . I gave up looking for the kitty so i decided to get back home , i passed in front of him  « Are girls supposed to get out at this time ? »He said  « Huh ? are u talking to me ? » « do u see someone here except you ? » « no anyway, your book attracted me, what is it talking about ? »  « it is about crimes » « Ohh ,sounds interesting , i 'd love to read it someday ! » «what ? weird » « what weird ? » « most of girls prefer more romance dramatic books » « i am much different than them » « that's cool »He added. I layed on the land looking at the sky while that soft wind touches my face and plays slowly with my dress. I stared at him for seconds « what are you looking at ? » he asked « your glasses , they are similar to Harry's POTTER ones » « wanna try them ? » « I'd love to ! » i wore them , everything was blurry , i couldn't distinguish things clearly , i looked at him and he started laughing « what's funny ? » i said  « look at yourself you look terrible ! »he said , i took the glasses off , gave them back to him and walked away « where are you going ? i was kidding  » he added with a loud voice trying to reach me out , I turned around screaming « Jokes are meant to be funny not rude ! » then continued my road .

I am finally home. I tried to open the door slowly so my mom won't notice that i just got home , that's what i was expecting . When i opened it , i found her waiting in the living room , from that moment i knew this going to be a bad day, my ears aren't ready to hear a lecture « where have you been? » she asked « i- just wanted to leave my room for a moment , you know » « didn't i teach you how to ask for permission ? » mom said in a way which i knew she's going to scream after  « yeah » i said , «You may think that i'm going to scream but in the opposite , I just wanna warn you , the next time you repeat the same foolishness , you'll be grounded ! Now go to your room I don't wanna see you around » She made me feel bad about what I did , so I had to apologise « I am sorry, I promise I shall never repeat it again» *Pinky promise*. I got a call , it's from Lisa , i picked up  « Hey , wanna hear some news ? » « what's up ? » « so basically , i got bored staying at home and i am in the plane coming to see you !» Lisa said. The moment i heard that , i felt like a storm with a very violent wind hit me . I am not saying that i don't want to see her but that was so quick  « hey are you listening ? » She added « yes yes sure , happy to see ya ! call me if you arrived » « after 3h ! well i have to go , we only have a short time to use our phones in the plane » She said and hung up . I asked my mom to bring me there , to the airplane , at 6pm. The whole last hours , i was laying on the floor , playing with my hair and thinking about the ideal way to say « Hey » , it may sounds weird but i have social anxiety , I am brave in social media but in real life , hell no . I stood up looking at the mirror , practicing different ways to say it : « Hello » normal traditional way , « hi » in friends way , « HEYY ! » screaming, then I remembred a movie I've watched, the principal character was always using her friend's name , so I'll do the same « Lisa ». I looked at the watch noticing , less than 30 minutes left ! i wore my favourite outfit and got in the car . The trees on the road were definitely representing the poems of the living world , in the strong light of the day , they create a kiss for the senses in those moving leaves , the thousand green hues and the soft whispering in the wind . Those roses dance and sway , their heavenly fragrance invite me to never stop looking at them.

Lisa is finally here , the sparkle on her ocean eyes reflects the enthusiasm she's feeling , i was hoping i could feel the same but i am just an empty box waiting its date to die . She hugged me tighlty . I looked up at her noticing these moles that cement her beauty, you could see her pure heart thru her eyes. I consider her as an angel sent by God to make my last days. My mom greeted her and asked « Girls , where do you wanna go ? » i might choose somewhere Lisa hates so she will be unsatisfaited , that's why i left the floor to her « Umm , let's go to the place where we can enjoy the most beautiful sunset ! » Lisa said , she's a mind reader . We took the road to the beach , while we are in the car , Lisa asked my mom to play a song called : « Experience» by Ludovico Einaudi . The song has a sense of calm which just makes you enjoy the moment where you are at. We are finally in the place where i belong . those softened hues are the colours of my dreams . We sat close to the lapping waves , they felt so warm and cool , like tea that has been forgotten and returned to . We ate what we had , discussed and relished . I put my earphones , played music and started looking at the sky. I closed my eyes. A voice i have heard before is near to me, I opened my eyes quickly wondering whose it , i checked around , then i saw him behind me...