prologue | easier times

Shibuya, Japan | July 2017

no words needed to be said that day, two precious people in her life, both shared the same blood as her now dead in their caskets.

why? why did it have to be like this?

daisuke gently grips his wife's shoulder as she cried into his. he watches his middle child stare blankly at the caskets of her deceased brothers.

"no, no! my babies! no! god, please no!" benigna cried as fujimori held her tightly watching his wife cry on their grandsons casket. 'it's noisy, it's so noisy.' shouhei thought breathing in and out but it won't stop. her heart felt stuffed, it was getting hard to breathe.

'shit, shit. it's happening, it's happe-!' "shouhei, honey?" she looks up to her father who nods gently pulling his daughter up and out of the room.

daisuke knew well his daughter was hyperventilating but why wouldn't she? everything was going so fast yet slow at the same time.

he puts her on the chair where he pats her back as she clutches his arms tightly breathing in and out. "slowly, honey, slowly." she followed his orders and when she finished, daisuke kneeled down and hugs his daughter tightly.

"i'm sorry, honey. i really am."

he felt her body tremble, her hands gripped his suit and she cried, she finally cried. "why?" yeah, why? shouhei knew the world was cruel but this was truly cruel.

"h-hide, he had just-! why?!" she wanted nothing more but to rip her heart out. she wanted to run to the grim reaper and beg to him, beg for him to take her life away so she can be with her brothers.

daisuke caressed her head softly, "they love you, shou. they always will." and unaware to both of them, two transparent figures were there with them.

one had honey blonde hair same as shouhei with chocolate brown eyes and the other had sable black hair as daisuke's and matching lilac purple eyes as the two.

ryouichi pats his little sister's head and hideaki hugs his big sister tightly.

🎥

shouhei was on her way to the tachibana's that day. she walked the familiar streets of the neighbourhood in the hot sun of july.

the tachibana's had lost their children, tachibana hinata and naoto due to the same reason as her brothers; the dispute between tokyo manji gang.

shouhei clenched her fist. 'they didn't deserve that, none of them did.' bitterness and hatred wrapped itself in shouhei's heart for so long but now, the knots have tighten. the feeling gets more and more out of control. 'pretty sure, tachibana hinata was takemichi's girlfriend.' she stopped in her tracks.

she looked over to the familiar playground that was once a so called 'haven' or 'sanctuary' for her and her childhood friend. 'takemichi..' yes, her dear childhood friend, hanagaki takemichi.

they lost contact after middle school but in reality, it was because takemichi ran away. he ran because he couldn't stand being tormented so cruelly and when the mizo middle told her about this - she didn't hesitate with her next move.

she killed kiyomasa and his subordinates, she let her men beat them before she fed them to the sharks.

the tank was a blood bath after that.

she remembered kiyomasa's head floating in it especially.

and she watched oh, so cheerfully.

suddenly, she heard it - no, she felt it. someone was behind her and before she could even take out her gun, right at the moment she turned, she felt it.

she got shot.

'it hurts, it hurts, fuck! it hurts!' she fell sprawled on the ground as her dress shirt now turned red from her own blood. 'finally.' she thought but then, somehow she felt nostalgic.

'nii-san, hide...' she felt her eyes glistening with tears. 'michi..' the tears finally fell. 'i wish i could've seen you one last time, i miss you so much.' there was no use to call for help, she wasn't gonna make it anyways.

yaseimori shouhei had so many regrets in life, little to many mistakes she had made and they all ended up killing shouhei and she lived on as 'giovanni'.

'this is the end, huh?' she thought to herself and with one final breath, she makes a wish.

'i wish i could go back to when times were much easier, to be with nii-san and hide.'

and just like that, she closes her eyes as her heart stops.

🎥

[author's notes]

well, um - that was every angsty... also welcome back or welcome to everyone and this is the new plot of 'trigger the reality'. sorry i had to unpublish and republish.

normal = japanese
italian = italian
italics (1) = english
italics (2) = flashbacks

also, im a big fan of wattpad comments so do me a favour and humor me in the comment section thru out this book lol.

stay safe lovers ❤️