CHAPTER 16: MOTIVE

Before reading this, I wanted to tell you: Thank you! There's been an overwhelming amount of support from my readers recently. Not just on Wattpad. I'm glad you guys take a liking to my content. I hope to continue writing for you guys.

I'm good. I'm in a good place, really. I had to take some time for school projects and own projects. Now that I have more time, I can really develop some stories and projects I didn't have the time to and start some that I wanted to. 

Thank you!

___________________________

"Rapper? Really, a rapper? You never struck me as one-"

"Well- Well-- what am I to say? It's not like I'm gonna introduce myself as 'Hi, I'm Calliope Mori and I'm essentially the shittier version of Eminem." She shrugs, mocking a higher pitch of voice as she walks with Ina. Calli roughly pulls back her hair, sighing out a large exhale.

The priestess chuckles, nudging Calli with a friendly tap of her elbow, "Show me and I'll be the judge of that."

"Hell no- That's- Well- I'm too shy--!"

"You brought it up so, now you gotta put your money where your mouth is!"

Ina pushes the door aside, stopping in her tracks to let Calli out first. "Ma'dam," bowing, she put on a faux accent and gestured to her to come forward.

With a small burst of laughter, Calli nods and walks after her.

'Was that lame?' Internally, Ina reprimands herself. Crossing her arms, she pinches herself in the arm through her sleeves. Her arms start rubbing anxiously against her biceps in this strange, unhinged pattern. Quickly, her eyes flick from the ground to the group waiting expectantly.

"Inaaaa~! Calli~!" In a sing-song voice, as always, Kiara bounces towards the shy girl and covers her in a warm hug. She grabs Calli with her too with equal force. She giggles giddily as she pulls back, looking at the two with a wide smile, "Wow! You guys are acting like you've been dating for months now!"

Scoffing, Ina jumps back with her arms tucked defensively into each other. Her face points down, "N-No! We aren't!" A hand falls on her shoulder, tapping it insistently.

"Aww, c'mon! Admit it! You and Calli are becoming besties~!"

"Kusotori- C'mon," Calli pulls Kiara aside with a small tug on her arm, gently leading the girl towards the table. She spares a glance towards Ina, smiling a little wider as she catches her eye.

The action was small, fleeting and unimportant yet Ina couldn't help but smile back goofily. Her eyes melt into a dreamy haze, only blocked by the startling reality that the rest of the group were staring at her. Like, a lot.

Her cheeks flush with red as she slides next to Amelia.

"Where's Enma at? I thought she was in your class?" As Ina opens her mouth to respond to Amelia, she quickly withdraws as she sees her eyes fixate on another person: Calli. A small, yet wider smile tugs at the edge of her lips. "Or did she not feel like coming?"

Flabbergasted, Calli scrambles in her mind for the reason, "Oh, uh- Enma said she had a club to attend?"

"I took her more for a loner. Like, y'know, go-home-club kind of person?"

Leaning forward, Gura cocks a brow, finally looking away from her phone for once. "No offence, Watson, but you're not in any place to say that. We're MAJORLY different yet we're all not in clubs." Her hand waves over to Ina especially, not sparing a glance to her, "Heck- Ina doesn't go to the Art club!"

She coughs into her hand, "By that logic, Calli should be going to the rap cl-" A hard kick from under the table stops Ina mid sentence.

"Hey!" Calli angrily barks in an attempt to cover Ina's words. However, the relevant words were out before Calli could even try.