Day 1

Prompt 1: soulmate AU --> your soulmate's initials are tattooed on your wrist from birth in their handwriting

Ship: Itadei

Other information: Modern AU

*~*~*~*~*

The blond boy's eyelids fluttered open. Something about the ceiling that was looking down back at him felt off, yet he shook the slight feeling of discomfort and opted to slowly turning his head, that had been resting on his, surprisingly, soft and full pillow. He mentally noted to himself that pillow had never felt this good. 

Once his neck's rotation done, his eyes were greeted with red, almost pink, hair and a doll-like face, completed with near angelic features. Suddenly, everything fell in place. Why his pillow felt unusually comfortable, why his mind was still slightly fuzzy, why when he went to rub the sleep out of his eyes, his fingers came out coated in a black substance. 

'I should probably go,' the long haired man thought to himself as he carefully got out of the beautiful stranger's bed and picked up his clothes from the otherwise pristine bedroom floor. Slipping on clothes whilst silently making one's way through an unknown apartment was a skill Deidara had managed to acquire after one too many one night stands. What always managed to surprise him was the kind of person he'd find next to him the next morning; the likelihood of finding a burly man were almost identical to those of finding the most petite woman one could lay their eyes on. They were rarely as beautiful as the owner of this apartment however, it was a real shame that the other hadn't been awake to get their number or any identifiers of the sort.

The blond man had finally found his way to the front door and looked at his watch, he kept his watch on the inside of his wrist, covering up the "I.U" that had been inked in his skin for as long as he remembered. Ever since he was a baby he had been hopping from foster home to foster home, even landing himself in an orphanage or two during his childhood. His parents had abandoned him the moment he was born and in all honesty, he couldn't care less. The problem was when it came to last names. All of his official documents just read "Deidara" and it had always caused issues during professional settings. Turns out, not having a last name had a tendency to make it seem like you were hiding something.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts, Deidara finally read the time written on said watch: 8:30. Since when did he wake up so early? Whatever, it's not as though it was of much importance in such a situation. The thought of whipping up this stranger's breakfast before making his leave crossed his minds before he realised two major things:

1. Domesticity isn't his forte

2. Last time he had tried to cook, the fire brigade had been called and half of the people in building had to move out due to irreparable damage.

Deidara shut his blue eyes and exhaled sharply before sliding on his sneakers and leaving the apartment all together. The corridor was extremely long and had black walls with a small strip of red clouds painted on them at hip level, the end of the corridor revealed a crimson elevator. It all felt elegant in such a way that the blonde man would struggle to describe, almost as though some teenager with rather refined taste had made the decoration taste. Elegant, yet up to date.

The elevator only took 3 seconds to arrive, a record compared to his complex's one that takes at the very least 20. What did that guy do to be able to pay rent here? The polished red doors opened to reveal that Deidara wouldn't be it's only user. The other man in it seemed to be 10 or so centimetres taller than him, and had a rather slim build, although it was hard to tell under the beige, over-sized,  turtleneck, knitted sweater he was wearing over some smart-looking black trousers. He was holding 2 books - both had to be 500 pages long at least, Deidara remarked - nestled into his arms; loosely intertwined across his chest. He was facing upwards, his expression a pensive one before he noticed the other man and smiled at him in the warmest, most welcoming smile the blonde had ever come across. The radiating smile had closed his onyx eyes and had slightly scrunched up the deep lines going down both of his faintly coloured cheeks, adding some uniqueness to his face. His essentially perfect features were framed by long, silken, ebony hair tied into a low ponytail in his back by a ribbon of a red similar to the one of the clouds in the hallway.