Day 2

Prompt: coffee shop AU

Ship: Tobiizu

Other information: Modern AU

*~*~*~*~*

"Tobirama!" a deep voice startled the white-haired man out of his slumber, "taking ridiculously long shifts is all good and fun, but if it's to take a nap , then I'd rather you take reasonably lengthed ones."

"Madara, it's not because you share a bed with my brother that you can boss me around, I just did a 20 hour shift, I can afford 30 minutes of rest," the younger one retorted, starting to type on his keyboard.

"I'm still your superior and since you are obviously in no condition to uphold such a schedule, I have to ask you to shorten your shift to at the very least 15 hours starting now, go home," the dark haired one argued back, knowing fully well that anything bellow 15 hours would get the other enraged. 

After being with Hashirama for over 10 years and frequenting his partner's brother for at least 7 of those years, Madara had learned that calling the man sat at the desk in front of him a workaholic would be the understatement of the millennium. For the 3 years since Tobirama had integrated his party, he had: never missed a day, never taken a holiday and rarely slacked. The young man was an incontestable powerhouse in pretty much anything he set his mind on doing and one of their biggest strengths by far and if any proof was needed to justify it, his self inflicted 175 hours per week schedule was plenty enough.

"Why are you pulling this now?" the carmine eyed one whined angrily, his fists tightening up "I've been able to do this for the past 3 years perfectly well,"

"The bags under your eyes say otherwise, this is the second time I catch you lacking on your work in this past month, you need to rest. If you don't I'll have to get your brother. Just take a week off."

That was the last straw for Tobirama.

"A WEEK? THAT'S RIDICULOUS, DO YOU REALISE HOW MUCH WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" his voice was loud enough to be heard a few floors bellow.

"Tobirama, you have worked more in just a year than most do in their entire time here, you need a break, and you can't convince me otherwise. Also try not to disrupt your coworkers by screeching at the top of your lungs, you aren't the only one here."

"But one whole week, do you realise how much time that is lost?" he opted to whispering frantically.

"Yes but if you continue on like this, you'll never have a life and you'll burn out before you turn 30. Tobirama, you are 27 and you've already worked as much as most people that have been doing it since you were born. You've worked as much as someone does in over 20 years... in 3 years. Just take one week off and all your shifts will be 15 hours long from now on."

"But-"

"No buts, do you want me to get your brother, will that convince you?"

The white haired one sighed, finally giving up "I hate you both, if everything goes to shit, don't blame my absence" 

Madara was reputed for having an incredibly petty side and to more than easily blame everything on someone who wasn't at fault. More than not, the fault was blamed on Tobirama, he was after all used to it after such a long time being in Madara's circle of often frequented people. He knew the older one had a few younger brothers but only one was still around, the crimson eyed man couldn't help but pity the poor boy, having to deal with Madara's unpredictable and volatile temper since birth seemed like a curse only given in the deepest circles of hell.

"Sure, just rest. If you die of exhaustion I can say goodbye to my plans of marrying your brother."

"I knew there was something sketchy about you suddenly caring about my health," Tobirama shot back as he picked up his laptop and the few notebooks he always had at hand to shove them into his backpack.