Day 6

Prompt: Royalty AU

Ship: Kakayamairu and Sasunaru

Other information: In this, Kakashi is Naruto's dad.

*~*~*~*~*

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN A HAREM?" the blond boy shouted at his tutor.

"Surely you've must have heard of the harem, every next in line has one, no exceptions," the dark haired man explained to the boy.

"I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY SOMETHING THAT KAKASHI MADE UP TO SCARE ME, I REFUSE," the boy crossed his arms, pouting, as he turned his back to the long haired man speaking to him, "I order you to leave my chambers!"

"Naruto, there is no purpose in trying to escape it, you simply have no choice." Iruka gesticulated as he spoke, an old habit of his.

"Iruka," the boy in question's voice grew cold, much colder than his usual lively tone, "what is it in the word 'leave' that you don't understand?"

Piercing blue eyes met aggravated brown ones. As much as Naruto's mentor disliked giving into his tantrums, he knew that he was in no positions to object. Not to mention the expression the young one's face adorned was one of such rage that he knew better than to rile him up too much. Despite being much younger, Iruka knew that Naruto could easily beat him in a fight; being related to Kakashi and having trained side by side with an Uchiha - the most powerful and influential knight family in the kingdom - did that to people.

Reluctantly, Iruka backed away to the door, sighing as he did so. He had done all he could to raise the boy into a virtuous young man, and despite his successes, he still found the few points he had done a lesser job on to gnaw at his subconscious. He knew it was feeble to let such insignificant failures devour him, yet no matter how hard he tried to stop it, he simply couldn't. Only 2 things helped with this ominous feeling in the depth of his mind: the first being seeing the boy in question happy or achieving something. The second, well...

"Ah, Iruka, just who I wanted to see," a laid back and warm yet imposing voice called from his right, pulling him out of his relentless self pity.

The brunette turned his head towards the provenance of the voice, already knowing who had implanted the comfort and feeling of safety in his stomach. Dark brown eyes met equally dark, lazy, grey ones. The pale skin and dark circles surrounding the other's eyes were so familiar, Iruka barely had to look at the man's mask to be sure it was in fact the leader of the land, Kakashi Hatake. The taller man's snow white skin complimented his equally snowy hair. The sacr going through his left eye did nothing but give some visual appeal to his already elegantly proportioned features. It was no wonder many people admired him, not only did he radiate charisma and strength, but the man was, to say the least, a sight for sore eyes.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes, Tenzou told me that you had gone to tell Naruto about his soon-to-be harem and I was going to ask you how it went" the taller man was now standing right in front of him. Despite being rather slim for a fighter, the king still dwarfed him in size.

"Oh, yeah, about that," the tan man started rubbing the back of his head awkwardly, "he kinda got real upset at me and forced me to leave."

Kakashi facepalmed, "I knew I should have made sure he understood that there was no way of escaping it from the start."

"Yeah, it's kinda late for now though," the brunette took a deep inhale before continuing, "I was going to give him a bit of time before speaking to him about it again."

"I don't think that'll be necessary," a new voice intruded the conversation.

"What do you mean, Tenzou?" Yamato was maybe shorter than Kakashi in height, yet his impressively bulky stature made the king's rather athletic form look lanky in comparison.

"I saw the young Uchiha walking towards his room and asked him to talk to young Naruto about it."

"Asking Sasuke to tell Naruto about a harem... reassure me Yamato, you haven't gone mad, have you?" Iruka asked, incredulously.

The burly man looked at him, his usually blank eyes showing a slight hint of confusion, "I thought they were best friends?"

"In the public eye, you're just Kakashi's advisor and I'm his son's tutor," the shortest of the three whisper, hissed back.

"I don't see what that has to d-" his and Kakashi's eyes lit up with understanding, "OH"

"How did you idiots not know this?"

"We aren't all tasked to look after him 24/7," the muscular, brown haired man hissed back.

"He's got a point," Kakashi pointed out before continuing, "however I will say that I'm not that surprised, I mean they do say like father like son."

"Are you talking about the being attracted to dudes thing" Yamato started.

Before Iruka continued, "or the being in love with an Uchiha at 17 thing?" 

"Maybe both," the eldest responded, "but that's not what's important. What's important is making sure he gets himself a wife that's okay with not being his, or okay with being with 2 dudes."

"I mean both are pretty attractive, it shouldn't be too hard to find one who's okay with both." Iruka pointed out, objectively.

"Fair point but what's the likelihood of finding one that's fine with it and likes both, I mean, both have very strong personalities and I don't want a poor girl to be forced to endure their bickering." Yamato argued back.

"God this is confusing." 

The three men were too lost in their arguing to realise that the subjects of the argument had left the blond's quarters and were right by them until the raven-haired boy coughed loudly behind them.

"With all due respects, your majesty, your son and I would appreciate if you did not discuss our friendship behind our backs," Sasuke made sure to emphasise the word 'friendship' in order to hammer in the point he was making. 

"No, it's okay Sasuke, they can know," Naruto held his shoulder and positioned himself in front of his lover before blushing slightly, "I actually already told Iruka about it.

"You told your tutor before telling your own father,? Kakashi raised an eyebrow at his son?

"You can rest assured it's not the only thing I've told him before telling you," the blond boy smiled innocently at his father before being elbowed by his boyfriend.

"You're just aggravating your case, dumbass."

"Wait, really? I thought honesty was the best policy?"

"Sometimes I really do wonder why I love you," the paler boy questioned to no one in particular.

"Can you two stop flirting for a few minutes, the adults are talking." the blond one's tutor scolded them. Despite being the least physically imposing of the 3 adults, he, by far, held the most authority. 

Both boys whined but ultimately complied. It was now time to prep everything despite the constraints. A task the three men were, unfortunately, rather used to.

A/N: This was somewhat inspired by The Selection by Kiera Cass. I have so many ideas for this AU, I might go deeper into it but this will be it for now. I really enjoyed writing this, Kakayamairu is one of my favourite Naruto ships and it deserves so much more love. This oneshot was also supposed to have hints of Sakuhina so if I continue this one day, expect some of it. This one is also a lot shorter due to the fact that I have to write 2 oneshots in the time it usually takes me to write 1 so I apologise for that. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed day 6, despite it being 2 days late and having an incredibly apbrupt ending.

~leila