seven

|Skylar|

I sat in the living room with Luca and Lucia. They were painting with me. Xander and Alessandro were at the home office. They were gonna join us later. Xander promised. I was painting the flower in the garden.

"So Sky, what were your parents like?" Luca asked. I stopped painting and looked up at him. Lucia hits his shoulder harshly. He hissed and followed up with a swear word. "Damn. I'm sorry, Sky." He said.

I chuckle. "No, it's okay." I say. "My parents were the definition of cruel and neglecting. Alessandro told me that. They kept me in a room with a hard cot and I wasn't allowed to come out." I take a deep breath. "They didn't allow me to go outside and I didn't know any other family member. I've always thought of running away but I didn't know who to go to. They beat me a lot. Once when I was 14, my dad beat me senseless because I almost burned the kitchen down trying to bake a cake for my birthday. We never celebrated my birthday. I sometimes forgot but was soon reminded when my dad would tell me that even though it was my birthday, I still meant nothing to him. One night, the night I ran away, they both beat me bad and I just ran. And now I'm here." I observe their facial expression.

Luca had a angry look in his eyes. Lucia had a look of pity. I hear footsteps coming downstairs. I look up and see Xander. I smile and walk up to him. He grabs my waist and pulls me close to him. He bends down and kisses my lips. I smile and walked back to my painting.

"Did someone die?" Alessandro asks. "Why do you guys look so depressed?" He chuckles.

"Sono così felice che abbiamo ucciso quel figlio di puttana." Luca growls. I've never heard Luca so angry before. I know the last word was a swear word because Alessandro told me. (I'm so glad we killed that motherfucker)

"Shut it, Luc!" Xander scolds. "What's going on?" He asked.

"I told them about my parents." I spoke up and said. He frowns at me. I roll my eyes. "Guys, I'm okay now. I'm here with all of you. You guys have been the best brothers and sister I've ever asked for." I say.

Luca hugs me and kissed my cheek. I smile and go back to my painting.

~

It's Thursday. Xander stayed home from work. He decided to sit with me in the garden. I smiled looking at the flowers in the garden. He chuckles. "Pretty, aren't they?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded. "You know what those flowers are similar to?"

"What?" I ask.

"You're just as beautiful as them, my bella." He says. I smile and place my hand on his. He brings my hand up and kisses my knuckles. (Beautiful)

"Thank you." I say. The doorbell rings. He looks at me. "You should go get it." I tell him. He stands up and holds his hand out for me to take. I did so and we walked back inside the house. He opens the door. A girl, blonde hair and blue eyes, a dress that hugged her waist appeared.

"Oh, Xander, baby. I've missed you!" She walks in and smashes her lips on Xander's. I gasped and let go of his hand. Why is she kissing him? I was supposed to be his and only his.

"Get off of me, Brittany." Xander said in disgust. He turns and looks at me. Tears spring to my eyes. "Go upstairs, Skylar." He says sternly.

"Xander, who's th_"

"Go the fuck upstairs." He scolds. I run upstairs and run in the room, slamming the door. I stayed in for a bit. I then opened my door when I hear Xander talking.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked.

"Babe, Lucia's my friend. Why wouldn't I be here? Question is, why aren't you happy to see me?" I hear the girl reply.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Xander scolds.

"Why so edgy? Is it because of that bitch?" Is she talking about me.

"Don't call her that." Xander says. He then yells Lucia's name. Lucia comes out and she sees me peeking. She shrugs in confusion and I pointed downstairs. "Stay away from me." He said, I'm guessing to the girl.

I closed the door and sat down on the bed, pretending like I was playing with my hair. The room door opens. I look up at him and smile. He smiles back. He plops on the bed with a groan. "She seems nice. Is that your girlfriend?" I ask, hoping he'll say no.

He sits up. "Of course not, bella." He says. He places me on his lap so that I'm straddling him. "You know that you're mine and always will be mine." He says. His eyes are so beautiful. "She and I used to just fuck and that's it. I never really loved her." He says.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"What? Fuck?" He asks and I nod. He chuckles. "Oh, my tesoro. I'll show you when you're older." He says and I nod. "In the meantime, I would love to do this." He leans up and places his lips on mine.

He moves them against mine and I do the same. Wait, this is kinda like the type of kiss I see on movies. I place my hands on his shoulders as he pulls me closer to him. I do what I see on movies and we're now making out I think that's what it's called. It feels nice.

His tongue slips in my mouth and I move mine with his. This feeling is so new to me. A sound comes out of my mouth when Xander bites on my bottom lip. Soon, he pulls away. He pecks my lips one last time. He sighs. "I needed that." He said.

I smile and lean my head on his chest. He runs his fingers through my hair. I found it quite comforting. I looked outside and the sun was setting. I smiled. "Do you think my parents care that I'm gone?" I all of a sudden ask.

"I'm not sure, babe. Do you?" He lifts my head up and looked into my eyes.

I shake my head. "I feel like they're probably curious. But I don't think they'd care if I'm dead or not." I say. He sighs and kisses my head.

There's a knock at the door. "Guys, it's Lucia. May I come in?"

"Come." Xander announces. Lucia walks in.

"Fratello, I'm so sorry for Brittany's actions." She says. She looks sad. "I told her long before she left that she wasn't to come in contact with you. Knowing she had done something bad." She says. (Brother)

Xander sighs. "It's not your fault, Lucy." He says. "I don't care that you guys are friends. Just keep her away from me and Sky." He says.

"Ok." Lucia says. "I'm sorry, once more." She says.

I stand up and walk to her. I chuckle and hugged her. "Stop apologizing. Most times when you apologize, you don't have to. You can't blame yourself for things you can't control." I say, repeating a phrase that Kristen had told me.

She smiles and pinches my nose. "Okay, so we're good?" She asks and Xander and I nodded. "Good. Now, is game night still a plan."

"Yes!" I say excitedly and they both laughed.

~•~
Hey readers! How is your day going? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!