twenty-seven

|Third Person|

It's been two weeks after the war between Marcelo and Xander. Everything has been somewhat peaceful. To start off, Alessandro is alive and well. He had to have a surgery but he is doing fine. Skylar was glad when she heard the news.

Marcie has been sent back to Mexico with a warning to never come across the mansion again or there'll be consequences. She quickly packed her stuff and left. Not before thanking Skylar, Lucia and Alyssa for believing and sparing her. Marcie and Skylar actually shared a hug.

Skylar and Xander had a pretty hard conversation when they got back home that day. He was upset that she went against him. But at the same time, he was so proud. They're doing fine. Xander's even thinking of popping the question like he had promised.

Lily is still alive but barely. Xander and his men tortured her. She betrayed them, betrayed her daughter. She feels nothing but numbness. When she found out what her husband did to Marcie, she felt regret for wanting justice for him. She felt guilty for wanting to kill her own daughter.

Luca and Alyssa is complicated. All they do is argue. Luca was starting to believe that Alyssa had something to do with it too. He was mad that she kept it a secret from him so she stays away most times. She only comes to see Skylar and Lucia.

Besides that, everything has been going smooth. As if nothing had happened.

|Skylar|

I was sitting outside with Alessandro. I was reading a book, he was training. He's not supposed to train too hard so I sat watching him. It's been somewhat normal ever since Marcelo's attack. Somewhat. They both stopped what they were doing once they heard shouting amongst two people.

They walk in and see Luca and Alyssa arguing. "Luc, please just leave me. I only came to see my best friends." Alyssa begs as Luca walks up to her. He grips her arms tightly.

"Luca, you let go of her now this instant!" Kristen scolds him, making him let her go. Alyssa looks around and pauses when she sees me. Tears fill her eyes.

"I'll go." She whispers. I go to stop her. "Move, Sky. I'll call you later, I j-just need to go." She says. I love as she said and she walks out.

I turn around to see Kristen scolding Luca, he was looking at her with annoyance in his eyes. I walk up to him and push him with all the force I had. "What the hell is your problem? Why are you being such an asshole to her?!" I yell.

"Skylar, move." He says.

"No! You blame her because who her mother is. That's not fair to her. I knew, Lucia knew as well. Why not blame us too? Why just blame her? Because her mom was the one who betrayed you guys? This is not fair to her! I will not let you do that to her." I say to him.

"What's going on?" I hear Xander's voice. He and Lucia are walking down the stairs.

I look back at Luca. He looks guilt-filled. "You're my brother, Luca. You've always been there for me. But Alyssa is my best friend, and I will not allow you to treat her like crap because of who she is related to. It's not fair." I tell him.

He nods. "Okay." He whispers.

I move past Xander and Lucia and walk into my room. I hate how he's like that. And everybody just lets him like that's a normal thing. I pick up my phone and dialed Alyssa. I spoke with her for a bit. She's fine, as she says. She says she wishes Luca would trust her and not accuse her. She feels hated by him.

Xander enters the room and I told her I'll call her back and hang up. "Is she okay?" He asks me. I nodded. "Luca is a lot of things. He's complicated but he'll be fine." He tells me.

"Yeah." I say. I sit down on the bed and he sits beside me. "Are you okay?" I asked him. I don't think we've ever really talked about whether is he okay or not.

"Yeah I'm okay. This happens." He says. I tilt my head in confusion. "After an attack, some people on our team just need a time to themselves. Everybody's fine. Alessandro's healing, Lucia is fine. You're fine. Luca... I really don't know."

"Luca and Alyssa just needs to communicate properly." I said. "I don't like seeing them like that. They were so happy. Alyssa's going through things too. She heard her own mother say that she hated her and wanted to kill her." I say.

"I understand. And Alyssa is welcomed whenever she feels free to." He says. I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder.

~

I was in the gym, waiting for Taylor. He gets mad when I'm two minutes late but he's late by almost ten minutes. He soon rushes in. "It's about time." I say. I walked up to him and hugged him.

He chuckles as he hugs me back. "How are you?" He asked. I pulled away. "Xander told me that you had some serious action on the day Marcelo attacked. I'm proud." He says.

"Why, thank you." I said. "So why did you invite me here? I thought training was over." I say, confusingly.

"It is." He says. "But I wanna see what you got. You versus me. Let's go." He says. I chuckle. I place my hair back in a ponytail and got in my fighting stance. Taylor won by two points. I was holding my torso and drinking some water. "Not bad, little one." He says and I chuckle.

~

|Luca|

I sigh as I grabbed my phone. Skylar was right. I was just blinded by anger. Seeing Alyssa cry made me feeling a heaviness in my heart. I love her. Of course I never told her that but I want to. I go to her contact.

Me: meet me in the park, i wanna talk.

I set my phone down and placed on some shoes. I walked out and ran into someone. I recognize the small figure anywhere. "Sorry, Sky." I said. "Um, about earlier. You were right. I shouldn't lash out and blame her."

"Yeah, you shouldn't." She says. "You're my brother but she's my best friend. I can't stand to see to see you two like this. I just want you or her to fix it."

"I will." I hug her. "I love you, little sis." I say.

"I love you too. Now go fix it." She said.

I walked out of the house. The park is an empty park. No one goes there and it's close to the house. I walk and I see her figure sitting on the bench. I walk closer and I see her looking ahead at the tree. "Hey." I say.

"Hey." She says. I sit next to her. "What do you need?" She asks.

"Ally, baby. I'm so sorry." I say, scooting closer to her. "I'm so sorry." I said. "Skylar was right. It's not fair that I was only blaming you. You weren't the only one who knew. And you went against your mom to try to help me and the guys. I thank you and I'm so sorry." I say.

Tears fall down her eyes. I've never seen her crying before. It hurt. "My mom," she pauses, "my own mother said she h-hated me. S-she was never easy on me growing up. I-I thought by m-moving her here, we could've gotten closer. She was faking it. She wanted to kill me." She says, sobs coming out of her.

I pulled her closer to me, hugging her. I didn't know any of that. She needed me. But I blamed her and made her feel worse. "Oh, baby. I'm so sorry." I said. "Ally, I love you." I finally say.

She looks up at me. "You do?" She asks and I nod. She smiles. "I love you too, Luc." She says. I smile. I place her face in my palms and kissed her lips lovingly.

~~
Hey readers! How are you doing today? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Any thoughts on anything? Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote. Thanks for reading! Love ya 💕